Piddling Pup

dougal

Whilst its great to be loved so much, but ........ my 6 month old pup gets so excited that every time I pick her up she piddles all over me :thumbsup: This can be anywhere, anytime of day. Took her out of her crate at a show last week - she piddled all over me. Went to visit her breeder - she piddled all over me and then proceeded to do the same in some of the dogs beds!

In the morning I wait for her to empty the bladder before picking her up, which has helped with the morning messes, but last night I had been home 15-20 mins, some of the excitement had died down, picked her up and bingo.... a flood.

She has been a little slow on the house training, but that side of things is starting to come along and generally she is beginning to learn some basic commands and general household rules. Anyone got any good ideas on how to deal with the "excitement piddling"? Just when you think she is calm (for her) .....

Thanks BP - I try to walk her as much as possible, but sometimes she has to be carried - ie upstairs etc. I'm hoping that she'll grow out of it, but wondering how long that's going to be - the washing machine is getting a good work out at the moment :thumbsup: She is a little on the nervy side with most things, cries in the car, cries when I leave, but there has been some improvement with age and gentle training.

Bella was a little nervy as a pup and weed every time one of my friends came over. My new pup bruno is absolutely confident in everything he does and will quite happily wee anywhere if I forget to let him out. I bought a dryer!

Bella did grow out of the nervous weeing when she gained more confidence. I'm not sure what else to advise except building her confidence and trust which is a long process.

Have fun :thumbsup: