Problem Puppy! Lab, Almost 12 Months Old.

jemjem*

thanks so much to everyone, you have all been so much help!!!! i really like a kids pool and sand idea although i think she would bust a kiddy pool so maybe the two clamshells with 1xwater 1xsand. i think she would enjoy the sand for sure!!! i will pass all this on to my brother, the only prob is he lives in a rental property and they arent supposed to do anything to the yard at all but i am sure a bit of sand isnt gonna do any damage!! thanks so much to everyone, ill try make sure he gets her to puppy school but i cant force him, if he wants to be able to have some sort of control over her and if he wants her to know who is boss then hes just goig to have to do it otherwise she will become way too independant, thanks to everyone! can't believe how many people replied, thanks!!

Your brothers lab missy is going through a time when labs start to challenge their owners and start to be naughty again. Puppy stage for labraodrs lasts for 2-3 years but 12 months is one of the times when they get extremely naughty and it seems like months of training and hard work come undone, there is light at the end of the tunnel, she will grow out of it hang in there she is challenging your brother for dominance and for a higher psotion in the hierachy(pack) more time needs to be spent with the dog over the next couple of months especially in the training department. To regain the dominance over her dont let her on the lounge or the bed (if that is what the dog is allowed to do). Maybe dog training and gundog work to give her something to do and to re-establish who is the boss in the household. Gundog work is perfect for the dog to learn how to retreive and have fun while still being told when she can go and get the ball thrown out for her. My lab ramses is in gundogs with our obedience club we go to and he loves it. I also reccomend the book who's the boss by VAL BONEY. it has a lot to do with the pack stucture and understanding the value of the stucture to the dog. Dont worry she will grow out of it eventually but in the mean time find extra activities with missy to give her something to do to use her mind. She will be better at the end of it and so will your brother and his gf. hope this helps

Spoilt Lab Lives Here