Tessie Lost Her Battle

lucyluv

attachmentid=45645]

this is in memory of my old girl, she was the best you could ask for. i will treasure our 13 years we had together, her last few years were on pain relief due to severe arthritis in all her joints. she still managed to wag her tail in the end ..her legs could no longer carry her ..we sat with her nursed her.. knowing she was in too much pain to go on..it was one of the hardest decision i have ever had to make.. at the vets...an elderly lady heard her cry in my arms trying as hard as i could to hold myself together..she patted her and said its ok the vet will make it better..all i could do was smile..the vet encouraged me it was for the best now...feeling like i let her down...i miss her so much !!

Edited by lucyluv

• 3 weeks later...

thanx all so much for your warm thoughts, we still miss her greatly. her bed still sits in her spot, my other dog emma sits and stares at it, refusing to go near, takes a wide birth from it head down and tail down when she walks by. kinda strange, wonders if emma sees something there i dont. or is it just out of respect for tessie.