Help Me!

helloeveryone

ok well i have a puppy called Banjo and when we let him outside each ngth after dinner he has a really big drink of water for ages which is heaps cause he is only small (about 4kg i think) then he goes and does a big pee on the grass. So what i want to know whether this is normal to drink so much and should he be having that much water? And if it is normal why do puppesa drink so much? Any info would be great thanks,

Cas :wave:

Puppies need to be able to drink water all the time so you need a water bowl inside as well or let him out more often .

How much he needs to drink depends a lot on what you are feeding him [ and how]

Keep water available for the puppy at all times, if he or she needs water they will drink, though i did once have a groenendael dog that drank just because she loved water, though more ended up on her face than in her mouth.

If the dog nees to drink let it. If it really begins to worry you, or the dog takes ill from it, seek a puppy-doc, they'll be able to properly diagnose by seeing the pup, but for now, i wouldn't worry too much...

Kel.

Thanks, although we do usually keep him outside so he has water always available it is after he has had a nap or dinner that he has such a huge drink. I have been thinking and its also probably because yes he does love water and after his drink its all over his face and when he has had enough he starts to bite at it tryng to get it its so funny lol.

lol true. funny thing actually my dog loves water but so does my cat! he goes looking for water in the shower and lays down and rolls about in it after someoneas been in there because its wet and then he goes and sleeps in the bathtub! lol i hav a strange cat

I seem to have the opposite problem. My puppy is barely drinking any water at all... I was putting down a bowl of milk (lactose free), a bowl of water and his food bowl. He is being fed Eukanuba puppy food for small breeds (He's a Papillon).

Now, he'll drink the milk, sniff the water, and wont touch the food unless he's stood in his bowl and some has fallen on the floor.

I put water in the milk bowl today with enough milk to colour it... but foiled! He knew it wasn't real milk.

Is it normal that he doesn't want water?

I seem to have the opposite problem. My puppy is barely drinking any water at all... I was putting down a bowl of milk (lactose free), a bowl of water and his food bowl. He is being fed Eukanuba puppy food for small breeds (He's a Papillon).

Now, he'll drink the milk, sniff the water, and wont touch the food unless he's stood in his bowl and some has fallen on the floor.

I put water in the milk bowl today with enough milk to colour it... but foiled! He knew it wasn't real milk.

Is it normal that he doesn't want water?

Why would he drink water when there's milk available? That's like giving a child water and Coke and expecting it to drink the water. Ditch the milk and he'll drink the water, the puppy doesn't need milk anyway.