Advice Needed On Kaos

Teebs

Ok, its going to be a long post. i posted a bit in general, but thought i might come here for ideas.

I have been home for 6 weeks with my leg in a cast. The last few weeks kaos has been going to the toilet at night time, only poops. If she needs to pee, she WILL come and wake me up to go out.

If she is crated there is no problems, she will cry to go out and will not toilet in there. I have had her out 2 nights in the last 2 weeks, first she went though with no pooping. The second she went. So she is crated again until i can get a solid night from her.

Last night she was crated, BROKE the door and got out, i was woken to her in my room crying, when i turned the light on she was on her back, the same position she goes in when she is in trouble. I went to let her out, and she had pooped AND weed everywhere, she knew she did wrong but still did it?

She is now going mad at the door, because i have her outside and she wants in, she is NEVER like that.

I am guessing it has something to do with me being home? But i really dont know

Starting tomorrow we are going back to the way things were done before i did my leg. I am going to get up at 5 and give them both a cuddle, get me ready, then go and take them out to their run and feed them and lock them in, i will not be getting them out until 3:30, the time i usually get home from work.

Im not sure if this will help? but she hasnt been herself, and i thought that going back to the old way might help? Even though they will know i am at home. It will also help when i do go back to work in a few weeks time.

I just dont know what else to do with her?

Ideas are really welcome!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also - i was doing NILIF but have been a bit slack latley, i will be going back to it.

TOT is out at the moment, it is just too much work with my leg, but i am geting out of the cast on tuesday and will be going back it is ASAP

TOT is out of the way and too much? You are still feeding the dog, make it sit and wait for the food, make it sit and drop, make it sit, drop sit etc. Yu dont need to move the dog does all of it.

How old is Kaos? What time are you feeding and tileting last before bed, Im surprised she cant hold all night and needs to be let out on regular basis.

My 5mo pupp goes out at 11 pm for last toilet and not a booo till 7-7.30am

Sorry Myszka

For me with one leg. it is too much trouble. She will not sit stay, never been good at stays. I have a tie out point in my yard for the TOT but i can not access that part, i also have to lock one dog out of the yard while i do tot with the other dog. I just cant get around that much while getting dog food ready and what ever.

As i said, starting wednesday morning, she will be back on it.

Kaos is 18 months, she is getting fed in the MORNING, so i cant understand why she is doing it either?

Shoe - i idont know about medical, i will get her to the vets next week if nothing has changed. It is very unlike her.

I feel like such a horrible owner, i hate people comming here and asking what is wrong, told to goto the vets and they dont want to or cant afford it.

I cant drive and have no one else to take her for me. So there isnt much i can do till next week *sigh*

She is happy and healthy and spends most of her time in her pool during the day. She has no signs at all of anything wrong. other then her behaviour.

I just thought of another thing - In the last 2 weeks Atlas has managed to get something stuck in his mouth, both times it was kaos that got my attention to it.

could she be paniced because of that? Could that make her act differently at all?

Sorry, clutching at straws here, i just want to know what is goin on in her head

Edited by TrustMe

What are you feeding her? Im puzzled why does she need to go to poo at night? what kind of a poo is it? (lets go straight into everyones fav topic LOL)

As a TOT kinda thing, why dont you get her near you when you prepare the food and get her to sit and watch you do it, while your leg isnt OK?

What are you feeding her? Im puzzled why does she need to go to poo at night? what kind of a poo is it? (lets go straight into everyones fav topic LOL)

As a TOT kinda thing, why dont you get her near you when you prepare the food and get her to sit and watch you do it, while your leg isnt OK?

She is on Supercoat, i am in the process of looking into a new brand of food. but at the moment it is SC

IT isjust a normal, solid poop, Nothing different about it (like its not runny, or a funny colour nothing unusual at all)

she has not done this before (well, she had a few accidents when i was toilet training her, but nothing in months) and i am at a loss to why she needs to go? she is on the same diet as atlas, and he will put himself to bed at about 7 and not move till whatever time i get up.

Could he be bullying her? Maybe she feels scared to go in the yard? but once again, its only been the last few weeks and i have not seen anything go on between them.

ARGHHH

ETA: I am going to give my vet a ring now. see if he can think of anything that might be causing it

ETA (again) : he is operating but will call me back when he gets a min free

Edited by TrustMe

TB I have much the same sorts of issues with Emmylou. It's always the smart ones...

We had constant issues with weeing (never poo fortunately) until I started crating both dogs at night. Although I never saw who did it, I'm certain it was Em as Indi will hang on for ages to go outside to her preferred spot. If she's crated Em will wake us when she needs to go out. She even woke us last week when Indi was throwing up. If she's loose, though, Em won't even try to wake us.

I stopped working in March and have had issues on and off with Em insisting on being inside all the time and just generally carrying on like an idiot. For the last 2 days she's been barking at everything and it's driving me crazy. I put it down to the changes in our lifestyle. I'd always worked full time before, but now I'm home most of the time, but do go out for the whole day here and there and OH is gone at all sorts of different times with uni, work and teaching rounds. With various things going on the dogs aren't getting walked as regularly as they were. The days don't have a set routine any more and I think Em finds it unsettling. Indi doesn't really seem bothered by it at all - when OH is home she hangs with him, when he's not she sleeps.

I'm trying to do something similar to you. Go back to something like the old routine and stick with it. It means I'll have to get up at a more regular time and the dogs will have to spend more time outside, like when I was working. Walks and trips to the beach are going to start happening regularly again and I'm going to add some more training sessions to occupy her mind. I'm expecting things to get a bit worse initially, but hoping that Em will settle fairly quickly into the 'new/old' routine and we'll all be a bit happier.

Everytime someone posts, i think of another thing that MIGHT be causing it, she hasnt been for a real walk in a while, a friend has been taking her time to time, but nothing like i normaly do with her.

BUT we have been playing fetch (man, thats the BEST game ever! I sit still and she does the work!) till the point she wont play anymore, and she tires her self out in the pool. But i would think that boredom would cause more of a destrutcive behaviour then she is doing?

Ah Cin, but we know you're not a bad owner chicky :thumbsup:

Maybe there's something in the yard thats bothering her

haha, atleast someone has faith in me!

Nothing different in the yard. The poop scoop was a bit out of date, but was done theother day, the lawns need mowing, but nothing unusual about that (the man comes every 2 weeks to do it, but after the rain it grows so fast)

Another Add on ( i am so sorry!)

I dont make a big deal of it, unless i catch her in the act (and i never had)

I just let her inside and she is not very happy at all. She ran right under my bed and i cant get her out. She was just out playing with Atlas and seems in good spirits, but when i let her in she tured into scardy dog.

I didnt make any comments about her going to the loo, yet she is acting like i beat her!

Never thought of that, but then we come to the question. WHY or WHAT??

Why is she doing it or what caused it?

I have racked my brains and have no idea :thumbsup: I just want her to be happy and healthy and no poo inside!!!!!

I dont care if she needs to go at night, but she can let me know and i will take her out. I dont care