Urgent! Spike Just Jumped

Whateverr

omg

spike was sitting on my lap while i was at the computer this morning and then before i could do anything he jumped from my lap and onto the floor. When he landed he made a grunting sound that i would called the equivilent to getting winded in a human and then he sorta stood there for a moment and then 'froze' and started crying...

i picked him up gently and patted him over on his legs, ribs and face and he didnt make a noise so im assuming that everything was ok and that he wasnt hurt but now he is really sleepy and just wants to sit in his basket... he was really playful not 10 minutes ago and now he's just sleeping.. did the fall do anything to him?

im so worried and i have to leave him cause i have to go to school, what can i do???

Abbey

same thing happened to my fergus a few weeks ago, hes a pug and smashed his smoshed in face into the ground so you could imagine the crying, hes was a bit the same, i think he just felt sorry for himself, maybe spike is just sleepsy???fergs has just hit the 15 week mark and he still sleeps for most of the day, but if you are still really concerned that he isnt his self by about lunch then maybe a trip to the vet????

Isnt this in general?

Take him to the vet

the last t hing i would do if my dogs hurt them self would be to get on the internet and ask people what would you do!

if ANY doubt, take the dog to the vet!!!! Rather be safe then sorry!!

Too late now but a phone call to the vet before school would have been in order :D

School is important but medical emergencies are a valid excuse for a late note.

Hope puppy is OK, you would have gone by now so I don't know why I'm posting :cheer: I'm hoping someone is home during the day to keep an eye on him if you haven't already consulted a vet.

lol...yeah...stupid commonwealth games, stuffed all the holidays up in Victoria. I was confused coz usualy the how starts on the thursday before holidays and it started yesterday, but were in the holidays so i was like z?A lol..not that i am going...doggy ok?