Crying

Flying Penguin

I am pretty sure most 9 week old puppies love been cuddled up to someone during the first week or so when they've left their litter (as they have been so use to been cuddled up to their siblings and mother)

When we got our Beagle at 8 1/2 weeks all he wanted to do was cuddle up to either myself or my boyfriend. Our Beagle would cry a fair bit for the first few weeks when we would be out of his sight.

Now he's 5 1/2 months, he only really ever cries when we leave him to go to work but the worst is when I get home from work he is at the gate crying...it goes on for about 10 mins :D. Beagles are very social dogs that prefer company.

Edited by Sept13th

I am pretty sure most 9 week old puppies love been cuddled up to someone during the first week or so when they've left their litter (as they have been so use to been cuddled up to their siblings and mother)

When we got our Beagle at 8 1/2 weeks all he wanted to do was cuddle up to either myself or my boyfriend. Our Beagle would cry a fair bit for the first few weeks when we would be out of his sight.

Now he's 5 1/2 months, he only really ever cries when we leave him to go to work but the worst is when I get home from work he is at the gate crying...it goes on for about 10 mins :D. Beagles are very social dogs that prefer company.

Ahk cool thanks, that makes me feel better, I just didnt want to be doing anything wrong. I love her so much.

Glad to hear its something she will grow out of. Normally there is always someone home but there will be the odd hour that no one is (not at the moment though) and when she is outside I dont want her crying and annoying the neighbours, although I know a little of this is expected.

My Beagle is the only puppy experience I have had but as far as I know what your puppy is doing is fairly normal...there are a lot more experienced Beagle owners on this forum website who would probably know alot more about it...hopefully they will add some comments too.

Do you have any photo's of you Beagle pup? I would love to see the cutie :D

Here is a link to a thread from the Photo's section if you are interested in posting some pics.

Beagles- Post you photo's here

Edited by Sept13th