Shy Or Scared?

BigBug

Hey there, how are you's all? This is my first post on the forum and I'm having problems with my new puppy. He's a Pomeranian x Jack Russel + Chihuahua. When my pup is hungry he will come up to me if I call him or follow me around everywhere. However, after a feed him say 1 hour later he won't come to me but if I come to him then he try's to walk away! Help me guys. Thank You so much.

Hi bigbug, how old is your puppy?

When he walks away/ignores you does he look scared or just uninterested?

Does he have a fave chew toy that he will chew while you pat him, do you play games with him, do you ever try holding a treat in your hand and calling him, trust me if you do that enough he will start paying you lots of attention. Give a bit more info i am new here too and the lovely people here have given me lots of help, even just surfing through all the other threads i have learnt so much.

If the problem is only after meals I would say puppy is tired and wants his personal space to have a rest :cry:

Some puppies just aren't that snuggly my 6mth pup likes to be near me but wouldn't sleep in my lap like the 3yo Dobermann will :rainbowbridge:

I'm with Sunny, he wants his space.

I would encourage this, he decided he needs rest to digest the food, so let him.

After we feed (especially the GSD's), we keep them quiet for a good hour or so, don't need bloat.

If he's happy with you any other time of the day, good. If he's not then you may have to address that problem, but if it's just after a meal, he's fine.

Have fun.....................