Rip My Beautiful "roxy"

drdoolittle

post-13891-1165291686_thumb.jpgpost-13891-1165291726_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=60942:attachment]

I've had just had to say farewell to the best friend I have ever had.I am heart broken I had to let her go.

Roxy my 12 year old German Shepherd was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma of the spleen in August.

From the first day Roxy came into my life she has been my pride and joy.She came to me at a low point in my life. I had lost my wife and my mother to cancer. She instinctively knew that I needed love and support and she comforted me day after day,night after night.

Over the years I have shared her joy and in the last days of her life I have shared her pain.

I am so sorry I couldn't do more for you girl whenyou needed me, I begged God to take time from me and give it to you,alas it wasn't to be and life has cheated those that I love again.

RIP in peace "baby"...I will NEVER forget you.

post-13891-1165291820_thumb.jpg

Edited by drdoolittle

I am so sorry for your loss.

Roxy looks like a beautiful, sweet and loving girl who obviously received as much love as she gave. Don't feel that life has cheated her - because of you she lived to a good old age for a big dog and will now wait for you to join her and your other loved ones.

Rest in Peace angel Roxy. :laugh:

My heart goes out to you what a beautiful looking dog Roxy is, I lost my Shepherd Nicky to the same thing at 5yrs old, I still cry for him 15 yrs later, since then I've had my Shepherd Blackie from 6yrs till he was 11yrs old and now my rescue Lab boy Whisky who is 6yrs old came to us at 8months from Sydney Dogs Home, they are all so very precious and each one a total individual, maybe in time you can rescue another dog, it will never replace Roxy but will help with the healing process, I did this to give meaning to my dogs passing to the Bridge, I know they would have wanted me to help another abandoned soul. Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time, think of all those wonderful wonderful times you've had with Roxy and how she is now free from pain, her gift to you are those wonderful memories.