Anyone From Ballarat?

Ofcourse... as mentioned - Ballaarat Dog Obedience Club Military Drive in Victoria Park provides obedience, flyball, agility, tracking, and tricks. we also host NADAC agility at our club up to six times a year as well as hosting our own obedience, flyball, agility and tracking trials.

You are more than welcome to PM me for details if required.

Cheers.

*passing through like a ghost*

Hey, thanks bullykat,

Our settlement date for our Snake Valley property is 9th March. I am certainly very interested in joining the Ballarat club. My oldest dog is almost 2 yo. He (Zac) is a kelpie and more than ready to start to learn agility. we have had a couple of goes at Berwick club but mostly concentrated on obedience until now. I did start him on flyball at about 14 months old but it made him really crazy so I decided to wait until he was a little bit older. I would like to give him another go now.

I have 5 other dogs but 4 are only 7 months old and the other one (Canda) has HD so she cant jump.

I hope that Ballarat has their classes at different times as it was very hard to train them all at Berwick as all classes were on at the same time apart from the beginners. also I helped out with instructing and that meant I couldnt train my dogs. I joined up with alpha dog obedience to try to get my dogs out more. They are very good as long as you dont want to trial. They strongly believe that the dog should be behind the handler in a heel. Its about leadership and while it is good, especially if your dog is the dominant type, it is important to train those dogs to see handler as leader of the pack. Things like heeling behind and handler, walking through doors first all that kind of stuff works well. However if you want to do obedience trials you need to train your dog to heel further forward and looking up at handler and that is something that is not allowed at Alpha.

I am going to enter Zac & Canda in the o/trial at Hastings and I see that Ballarat is having a trial later in March. Might as well enter there too. The trouble I have entering more than one dog is that they are all in CCD and I can usually only put one in the stays unless they have a lot of entries and have 2 groups of stays. I will have to try and find someone else to do the stays for me.

I would love to have any info you can give me about times etc at Ballarat club. I cant wait to move and get training again and everyone seems to be very friendly in Ballarat.

I have tried to post a photo of zac & Canda but not sure if I have done it right.

regards, Lois

post-13245-1168429443_thumb.jpg

usually only one time for training at ballarat which is 10am, earlier if you are a first day starter as u have to sit thru a video & fill out forms etc. Dunno if they have changed it but you normally have to start in class one usually the week after you join and watch the video (from memory it took a while and if you bring your dog/s make sure u have a crate or something as you cant bring them into the clubroom and it is getting bloody hot!!)... with beginner dogs.... if you have any passes ie encouragement or novice make sure to tell them that used to be a pass option to class 4 or 5, therwise you had to wait untill your class was assessd. im sure bullycat can tell you more :thumbsup:

If you go to BDOC I will see you there.... sometimes :laugh: My club does 4 week training blocks and then has a two to three week break. I've become too much of an agility addict (good thing my dog agrees! :rolleyes: ) so will be coming up to BDOC in between times to get some extra training in, plus the benefit of a different working environment and different instuctors. :rolleyes:

Edited by feralpup

If you go to BDOC I will see you there.... sometimes :p My club does 4 week training blocks and then has a two to three week break. I've become too much of an agility addict (good thing my dog agrees! :rolleyes: ) so will be coming up to BDOC in between times to get some extra training in, plus the benefit of a different working environment and different instuctors. :laugh:

Hey Jess, I hardly ever miss agility training, so look forward to seeing you there..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Pippi

Yay :rolleyes: Will probably be the 4th of Feb, only got obedience on at my club that day... I have a fair idea where Darcy will want to be. Tough choice but I know she'll cope :laugh: :rolleyes:

BODC is on Saturday so I think its the 3rd but yes see u there