Vet Costs

Angeo

Our local vet charged us $70 for a consultation which lasted about 5 mins, was not impressed with the vet either. He was really trying to rush us along won't be going back to see him again.

-Elise

$70! :rofl:

Elise where are you in Perth? I will give you my vet's details. A normal consult with him is $42.

Our local vet charged us $70 for a consultation which lasted about 5 mins, was not impressed with the vet either. He was really trying to rush us along won't be going back to see him again.

-Elise

$70! :rofl:

Elise where are you in Perth? I will give you my vet's details. A normal consult with him is $42.

Hey peigirl :) I'm in Bicton near Freo but we don't mind a bit of traveling for a good vet :eek: The details of your vet would be great!

-Elise

I think sometimes it depends on what else you get done during the visit, who you get, and what your relationship is with that vet or clinic. Sometimes i get charged a $29 consultation fee, sometimes $48. I'd like to ask why (time spent is around the same), but i don't want to get charged $48 each time hahaha

Hey all.....

Not sure on how much my vet cost but when my pup had his C4 needle at 12 weeks... they charged me 65 bucks and that was also a check up... so im not sure how much just the consultation was...

Cheers DH

:rofl:

-Elise

Yer that sounds a bit expensive amazing how it varies you would think there should be a controlled fee

I think $40 is quite fair....I haven't had my dogs long and its been a long time since I have had to visit the vets last I remember it was a bit over $50 for yearly innoculations...will shop around when needed I think...they do seem to vary alot...

I think sometimes it depends on what else you get done during the visit, who you get, and what your relationship is with that vet or clinic. Sometimes i get charged a $29 consultation fee, sometimes $48. I'd like to ask why (time spent is around the same), but i don't want to get charged $48 each time hahaha

Yer wonder why the difference :rofl:

We are only charged about $30 for a consult as Ollie is at the vets a lot because he has cancer...

If we go in just to get a prescription (with no consult) then we are not charged at all...

if I call in to weigh him, he nearly always gets a quick check up in the waiting room by one of the vets for free.

Jodie

There are a couple of vets in Adelaide that don't charge a consult fee unless treatment is provided. My mother (she's a worry wart) takes her cocker to them. Not a bad idea, gives people peace of mind. I think they charge around $50 for the consult if treatment is provided.

It does vary greatly - which is frustrating sometimes. Esp when people are shopping around. That always concerns me, because the client is concentrating on the cheapest price, and NOT on the quality of care given. My point - I would rather know what the vet is like. How he/she is with my pet, years of experience etc. If they happen to be cheap, then that's a bonus. If they are expensive - as long as I believe my pet is getting quality care and I trust the vet, then I would pay it.

Oh, and my clinic charges $40 for consults