Bed Size

kendall

Hi everyone. I am planning on adding a cocker spaniel puppy to our family in about 6 months time. I'm probably getting ahead of myself but have been looking for beds etc for "her" :cheer: My question is what size bed should I get that will do for when she is full grown as well as a pup? I know a bed won't last the life of a dog in most cases, but would like to have one for longer than a few months of puppyhood! Any other advice re grooming equipment would be appreciated too. I have done a fair bit of research on the breed (size of female approx 38-39 cm and around 13kgs) but would appreciate hearing first hand from owners of gorgeous cockers. Don't know any myself. Thanks.

If you get one of the plactic moulded beds, big enough for a fully grown cocker,

you can fill it with what ever bedding you like, they are realy easy to clean

and great for indoors or out. as for basic grooming for a Cocker, i would get a Good pin brush,

A comb, with longish teeth not to close together, and a slicker. I find if you pay a bit more for good brands

they will last you yrs.

Thanks Lea :thumbsup: Use a slicker on my cats and love it. Hadnt really thought of a big plastic bed (was thinking more of a soft squishy bed) but think for ease of cleaning it would be alot easier.

and you can put lotsa soft sqishy stuff in them.