Toilet Training

Dachie Chick

Hello again,

Im sooo glad this website is here so I can get all the advice I need!!! he he :rofl:

Anyways my problem is that I have been teaching my little dacshie girl to go to the loo outside, sometimes i take here (like when we just wake up and before bedtime) but otherwise I like to just leave the door open and she goes during the day when she needs to.

The problem I am going to face is that we are now moving into a highset house and I can no longer just leave the door open due to the problem with the stairs. Am I best to begin crate training her to prevent mishaps? Or is there some other solution as I dont much like the idea of leaving her in a small box all day when she is used to having full run of the house :rofl:

Thanks again everyone!

M :rofl:

Oh yes most definately I will be carrying her down the stairs for her toilet breaks. The main thing I am worried about is when I am at work (FT Worker) and she is in the house alone. Maybe I could just confine her to a bedroom or something that way they are not ALL over the house :rofl: She does go on command tho (so I just found out!)