Goodbye Georgey Porgy

CBL

Just got the call from hubby that his parents have just had his/their 10 year old Beagle George pts :laugh:

I have occassionally posted threads about his health - thyroid problems, overweight, eye problems, snapped ligament, anxiety and OCD issues, foot operations and finally, heart failure.

Despite his decline in health in the past few years he remained the most loving, gorgeous, sweetest boy. The two of us had a wonderful connection and I take pride in the fact that I was one of his favourite people :)

Poor hubby just left for Melbourne this morning and won't be home till Thursday. He got the call just as he was about to go and give a big presentation. We last saw George on Saturday - I gave him pats and things but I just wish I knew it was the last time...

Also have to add an RIP to Arnie - an old greyhound owned by the secretary here - she walked in this moring and told me that she had to have him PTS yesterday. We have both shared a few hugs and tears since.

:eek:

George was obviously close to your heart and loved like one of your own :(

Run free George and Arnie :angel:

Thanks Warley - he absolutely was.

I visited the inlaws tonight. Father-inlaw greated me in tears, I hugged him and he sobbed - he didn't even cry when his mother died but sobbed his heart out for George, it was horrible seeing him like that. Don't think hubby is coping too well as he is away, makes it that much harder I guess. Though he was having a glass of Moet to toast him.

He was absolutely one of a kind. My favourite recent memory of him was Xmas - I picked up a toy for him for Xmas, we wrapped it up for him and he tore it open and ran around the house like a madman - it was like he was a puppy again :cheer:

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

Felt very strange walking to their front door last night and not being met by a wagging tail and lots of sniffing :rofl:

I hope this doesn't sound terrible but the inlaws are going away for 3 weeks soon and so I am relieved that this didn't happen when we were looking after him - I would have hated to make that decision, though it was the right one, and the inlaws got to be there for him. I am glad that he is finally running free, not inhibited by bad legs and bad eyes and a terrible cough :shrug:

RIP George