Agility

Where is she up to in her training? Is she generally responsive to you handling? How is your timing? Do you pre-cue turns?

One exercise which should help is to set up a circle of about 6 jumps with a tunnel as part of the circle, obstacle 4. Start clockwise on jump 1, lead out, to 2. Call her over jumps 1 & 2, & front cross after 2. As soon as she chooses to make that turn, give her a big reward! Then do the exercise again & let her do a jump antoclockwise after the cross, then 2 etc, but always giving BIG reward after the last jump . Do this a few times. Next try it without as big a leadout. If at any time she blows you off & takes the tunnel, ignore her & keep running the other way, kind of pretending to run the course without her. Once you have success a few times, let her have the tunnel & then go back to the first exercise.

Hi Vickie

hahahaha yeah i think i understand what you are saying i will give that a go tonight and see what the little banana does.

as for her training well we just did her first ever trail and she was feral she is responsive to me. My prob is she looks at me WAY too much but we are working on that using Susan Garretts method from (success with one jump). In training she is an angle like usually, you get out there in the ring and she goes crazy she is a VERY fast girl......i do pre cue her turns but sometimes she is going WAY to fast to have any chance to take them. As for timing thats fine i tell her at the right time she just completely ignored what i said. The jumps was right there and she just went around to the tunnel the bugger she has never done that before i must say!!!!!

Thanks for that Vickie