Getting A New Pup, What Do I Need?

SteveMachine

Well somethings might depend on the type of pup.

But, generally you will need...

Water bowl

Food Bowl

Bedding

Crate? For sleeping in at night/when you go out and makes toilet training a lot easier. Do a search on crates at the bottom of the page and you will come up with heaps of info.

Collar and Lead (good idea to take this with you when you pick the pup up)

FOOD! the correct dry biscuit according to the breed requirements plus either mince or some form of wet food. Breeder should recommend what you need

Grooming equipment if required.

Ensure all fencing is in good condition so your pup can't squeeze himself out or jump over or dig under!!

Toys, Toys, Toys......stuffed toys, chew toys, balls and one of the best and the cheapest would have to be the plastic Coke bottle just remove the label, lid and the plastic ring below the lid first.

Decide where your pup will sleep at night and have it set up before he/she comes home, do not give in to whinging through the night or they'll end up in bed with you and you'll never get them out!!!! Be Strong!!!!

Will it be the cute bully pup in your avatar?

Tash

Edited by tashnchief

He is so cute, a little fatty!

Sunscreen is a great idea cause he is white.

Leads, bed, crate if you intend crate training.

bedding, good quality food, brush, revolution/advantage for flea and worm cointrol, all wormer, a vet

I like Kobe, that's a very cool name.

Good idea to wait the right name will just stick!!

And as Kristie has mentioned great idea to have a vet lined up make an appointment for a check up within the first week of getting him that way you can work out a flea and worming program that suits you and the dog best. The breeder should also give you a guide to this. You can then be assured that he is in the best condition as he should be.

Good luck

Tash

I think for new pups we need:

The patience of a saint;

The wisdom of Solomon; and

The riches of Midas. :confused:

A very basic training plan is a good idea - check out good places for puppy school and ongoing training. A vet recommendation is also very handy.

Nutro is great. I use it for my 2 and will be using it for my 3rd when she arrives on friday.

I am going passed 4 paws on sunday and could pick you some up. Pm me if you would like more info.