Polaramine Dosage Rate

4 Paws

My pup has a contact allergy problem not food allergy. I fed him the Proplan sensitve just in case and have been so impressed with his coat that I have left him on it. It has also helped my older border with some mobility issues and her coat has improved too. Pup's coat is so nice that lots of people comment on it. Going by that I would have to say that the oil in the product is working. I had previously fed things like Innova, Evo and Eagle Pack so it is not like I went from Pal to the Proplan to get a obvious improvement in coat.

He gets sardines too btw and other BARF stuff.

Even if he did have a beef allergy it would not matter as tallow is not protien and it has to be a protien for a dog to have a allergy to it .

:laugh:

Even if he did have a beef allergy it would not matter as tallow is not protien and it has to be a protien for a dog to have a allergy to it .

:laugh:

Actually that's not correct...the proteins are in all parts of the animal and are what the amino acids that etc. that cause allergic reaction are broken down from. These are in all parts of a food source. If a dog is allergic to beef for example it will be allergic to every part of a cow and not just say the meat. :)

We have to avoid 99.9% of comercial products because of the beef tallow. One piece of kibble with beef tallow will have my girl ripping her self to shreds.

zayda_ahser - good points.

It makes it incredibly difficult for dogs with allergies (or for that matter humans) when ingredients and amounts are not clearly listed, or are hidden in "label talk". Just look at the hoohaa over a certain brand of fruit drink at present. I'd love to get rid of the generic "animal fat" and "animal digest" on some labels and have a bit more information. We see a lot of dogs with allergies - sometimes the owners are at the end of their tether - and often they don't understand the ingredient list so are making their dog worse unintentionally.

Having followed your journey for some time, I have to say how much I enjoy reading your posts and your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.

Sags

Sags that is my absolute biggest whinge ever - all the 'mystery' animal fats. The one thing I just don't get is the supposedly novel kibbles for dogs with food intolerances. Why go to the trouble to make a kibble with novel protein and carbohydrate and then make the 3rd or 4th ingredient chicken or pork? :laugh: Its soooo frustrating :)

zayda_ahser - good points.

It makes it incredibly difficult for dogs with allergies (or for that matter humans) when ingredients and amounts are not clearly listed, or are hidden in "label talk". Just look at the hoohaa over a certain brand of fruit drink at present. I'd love to get rid of the generic "animal fat" and "animal digest" on some labels and have a bit more information. We see a lot of dogs with allergies - sometimes the owners are at the end of their tether - and often they don't understand the ingredient list so are making their dog worse unintentionally.

Yes, its very difficult and as Peigirl says often the companies stuff up the foods that are meant to be for dogs like ours too! :laugh: Its nuts and there's A LOT to learn when you have dogs like this... I'd love for the companies to have to be more responsible about their ingredients, labling etc... until that happens, I wont be using them!

Having followed your journey for some time, I have to say how much I enjoy reading your posts and your willingness to share your knowledge and experience.

Thank you! :)