Great Barko Dog Food

thanks guys

I have searched and searched but can't find any local information anywhere. I've phoned the PSBoyz and the bloke I spoke to doesn't really recommend it - too oily (he then tried to convince me onto the $100/bag variety but I just can't afford it) he did however say that he was looking to do a deal with the makers of it so that he could stock it so now I'm completely confused LOL The amount of poo that potentiall could come out of them can't be anymore than they do already on Supercrap.

Still want to give it a go but ordering it from SA seems excessive. I've got a couple of other feed/produce places to phone today to see what they can do. Where does everybody else get it from?

Which one should I consider then, the Barko or Uncle Albers?

Also, has anyone seen or used a dry food called Tucker? Any comments? (sorry to hijack the OP's post!)

Barko is seriously the ONLY dry food that keeps weight on my pointer... He eats like a horse, and every other dryfood i tried (cheapo to premium) just didnt hold the weight.

Ryan is in great condition now, aevery so often i have to put him on a diet... how many pointer peopel can say that... LOL

definately give it a go!

FINALLY!!! I've found a supplier for both Great Barko and Uncle Albers.

:)

Spoke to the SA company who put me onto their rep. Apparently there's a place 20mins down the road in Rutherford that sells both feed for around the $25-27 mark. :D

Apparently he's being swamped with calls re the food because Supercrap has gone up in price and down in quality.

Will pop along tomorrow to get some ;) Hopefully the dogs do well on it.

Oh, btw, didn't get the fats but the protein content for Great Barko is 22% and for Uncle Albers is 24%.

Spoke to the SA company who put me onto their rep. Apparently there's a place 20mins down the road in Rutherford that sells both feed for around the $25-27 mark. :D

Apparently he's being swamped with calls re the food because Supercrap has gone up in price and down in quality.

Oh, btw, didn't get the fats but the protein content for Great Barko is 22% and for Uncle Albers is 24%.

Have also finally contacted the manufacturers of Great Barko & Uncle Albers Dog Foods.

Made by Laucke Mills in SA and can be contacted on 08 85628140 or [email protected]

Was told they distribute into all states and territories except WA and QLD.

Seemed very helpful

Edited by snoopy69