Ballarat Obed Trial

I am entered in CCD, only need one more pass and i get my title.....so really hoping Cooper will pull his head in and work for me this weekend :(

I was at Gisborne trial last weekend and gained a pass, and won the class with a score of 89.....was pretty happy with that :confused:

we would of gained our 3rd pass in the afternoon trial, if dopey didn't decide to drop in his sit stay :laugh:.

then to really rub it in, in his drop stay, the dog next to him broke and was play bowing around Cooper, and lil bugger stayed and looked at me, didn't even attempted to move :p ......i think he new he did bad in his sit stay :cool:

any way.....is any one else going to the Ballarat trial????

hope to see some Dolers there

Edited by wagalot

I am - I've got one in Novice in the morning and one entered in CCD in the afternoon.

My Novice girl should do ok (she dropped in her sit stay last trial too, otherwise she would've got a high pass) but I hold no expectations for the CCD dog. She's been in one other trial, about a year ago, and acted like she'd never had an obedience lesson in her life! She's come a long way since, but with the exciting goings on and my nerves, no doubt we'll muck it all up!

Guest Clover

Not entered, just cannot get back into it. I might come and watch for a while though. FP goodluck, i hope your girl makes you proud. Cooper no naughty dropping in the sit stay ok? :confused:

Hay ImaShepHead....... will have to see if we can catch up, You will be able to spot me, i have an Aussie, blk tri with a tail.

I most likely will have a pink hat on and drive a blue hilux, and of cause Tya the Dingo will be spectating, and he stands out pretty good too ;)

if you see me, come over and say Hi :confused:

Not entered, just cannot get back into it. I might come and watch for a while though. FP goodluck, i hope your girl makes you proud. Cooper no naughty dropping in the sit stay ok?

Hay clover......arrr thanks i will pass that on to Cooper :cool: bloody bugger, he has been doing beautiful sit stays all week, even in the rain at training tonight :) grrrr i will kill him if he does it again :(

hope you pop in, come say hi if you see me.

looks like it may be a wet day :laugh: we need the rain, but geez every trial i go to, it rains.....maybe i need to go to more and the drought might come to an end :p :rofl:

sam ;)

Thanks Clover :( I'm sure she'll do fine.... providing I don't get too nervous. Ballarat's kinda home territory as we trained there til Darcy was 6.5 months and I drop in there for agility occasionally so its a good place to start trialling :confused:

Wags - Clearing showers 18C with 30% of less than 1mm of rain - been keeping an eye on the weather all week :laugh:

hay......feralpup, your first trial..... :confused: ohhh i wish you lots of luck :laugh:

think positive and don't be to series and hopefully everything will be fine :cool:

hope to meet you too, i will be in CCD ring so look out for me

what kind of dog do you have and what do you look like???? if i see you i will come and say Hi :(

Kewl guys, hope to see you there, mine are show ponies but have nothing on this weekend. So being around the corner from me I can watch you lot :confused:

Clover darlink, you better come and say hello to me. Might have to bring a poodle with me so you know who I am :(

Thanks Wagalot :( Darcy looks like a black lab but she's kelpie x lab - look for a crazy feral dragging her owner off her feet with a tug toy :confused:

Me - best described as "solid build" :laugh: with short brown hair and will have grey camo everlast hat on (only one guaranteed not to blow off if its windy!!)

Didn't manage to catch up with anyone other than ISH (who can fill you in later on her fantastic results :rofl: ).

Pretty happy with our results; Darcy worked really well this morning - we scored a pass and a third :love: This arvo was a bit different, didn't work so well and missed a sit or two so I honestly thought we'd blown it when I walked out of the ring, but we pulled off another pass and another third. :love:

Guest Clover

Well done Darcy and FP :thumbsup:. I did not see you around, we were there for maybe a hour and a half watcing 'one' of the CCD rings. Well done to Sparty and the gorgeous Bodie on your pass this afternoon, great work :D.

Congrats feralpup and darcy - you must be so happy you did so well in your first trial! Wish I'd been able to see Darcy compete.

My 2 ended up behaving and we ended up doing really well!!

Tiger was scatty during her heeling in the Novice AM trial, but aside from going a bit wide and missing one drop - she did ok. She did her other exercises really well and this time she managed to stay upright during her sit stay - YAY!! Honestly I was a bit dissapointed with her heeling, so thought we'd be on a low pass - but we ended up scoring 185 and won the ring! She's got one more pass to go.

Chili just blew me away in the PM CCD trial though - I was hoping she'd improved on her last efforts (remember those photos from the Geelong trial last year?!) For sure I thought she'd move on her stand for exam and she'd drop during her sit stay - but I thought if she behaved otherwise, I'd be happy. To my utter shock, not only did she behave, she was damn near perfect!! Other than sitting crooked in her recall, she didn't put a paw wrong! She scored 98 and won the ring (on a countback). That was her first pass, and she'll be out of action for awhile now (she's got pups due at the end of this month)

We came home with 2 gorgeous ribbons, a couple of bags of Advance, sunburnt faces and big grins!