Toiltetting On The Carpet

terror x 3

My 4 month old shitzu lhasa mix is doing well with toilet training and only ever has a few accidents. i was wondering if anyone knew any household remedies for getting the stains/smell out of the carpet?i use a product called "Urine Off" that works with a balck light but its not that great

I haven't personally tried this, but aparently vinegar works well. Just put some white vinegar on over the stain and it up with the urine. If it's a fresh accident, you could also throw some bi-carb soda on the top of it to absorb the smell. A carpet layer one recommended this solution: equal parts white vinegar, woolmix and salt. Shake well and spray or sponge on to stains.

If all else fails, Biozet is recommended by most cat owners. You only need a small amount mixed with cold water and just dab the area and allow to dry.

Hope that helps!

I actually dont have any answers or suggestions, but the other day i say a niffty little chart that shows you what kind of household products you can use to eliminate odours and stains. It was in the 'book' section. Its a round chart like those ones commonly found for cocktail receipes.

Hope that might help.........

Relative who cleans carpets says the urine gets in to the underlay and you never really get it out- so prevention is better than cure! Don't you love puppies :rolleyes: ?

yeah i know, last time i had the carpets cleaned i was told that!there was no accidents last night which was amazing. i sprayed some good old sard oxy eucalyptus spray on a spot where he peed and he hated the smell so maybe that will deter him a little. he's a slow learner bless him but he brings so much joy so i can never stay mad for long

Relative who cleans carpets says the urine gets in to the underlay and you never really get it out- so prevention is better than cure! Don't you love puppies ?

My house is 50% tiled! Yay!!

The living room is carpeted but we taught him not to go there. He just drags his little blanket to the doorway and sleeps there :rolleyes:

Try this.

I have used it for cleaning up accidents with my boy or any dog for that matter and I havent had any issues. It gets rid of the smell and none of my dogs have gone back to the spot. (its also a great bathroom cleaner as well).

1 cup white vinegar

50 ml eucalyptus oil (make sure its the real stuff) (adjust eucalyptus to what ever strength you prefer)

20-30 drops of cold pressed lemon essential oil.

Shake well - let set for a day.

Top up spray bottle with water - shake well before use. (I used an old 1litre Amway bottle)