Sparkle Sparkle Bran

tianakaesha

Tonight I went to give my babies their hugs, to find Bran had left us.

He was from my first litter. And the type of rat I have been trying to breed towards since.

He was named after a warrior, strong and brave, from a book of celtic mythology

He was not show quality, but he had star quality and that is why we kept him. He was special from the word go and no one will ever deny that he was something amazing.

He was the boy I took everywhere to show off how good rats were. He came when he called. He would run when I called his name, climb up my leg and body, sit on my shoulder and brux in my ear.

He never once bit me, or bit any other rat. He was boss, but in a gentle way - showing his dominance through other means, and not bouncing on top of others like some rats do.

My heart is aching. He was a favourite. A mum is not meant to have favourites, but I did. And he was it. He was so much like his father...

He has not been well, and I have been exepcting his death. That does not mean I was prepared. He'sbeen living in the bedroom for a few weeks now - I've been trying to mate him one last time. Unfortunately, I do not think she is prengant. I think in his old age he was infertile. He is survived by Topsy Turvy, who I will now mate to his inteded bride... and I will make sure that the Sparkle Sparkle A litter does not die out completely....

He was something so special

And now he is gone.

He was born November 3rd. Died 19th May.

Sleep my baby, sleep.

Bran as a baby

ratlet8.jpg