Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

Might as well join in to! Kinta is getting bigger by the second- she's about 6.5wks now :eek:. I feel soooo disorganized this time around!

I'm also a nervous mess. Last time we had inertia, so fingers crossed that doesn't happen again, but also lots of my friends have lost pups at whelping or just before recently too so I'm seriously worried and just want some happy, healthy pups!!

Compared to kinta's last litter though, she's already bigger than she was atthe same stage past time...so who knows how many she's having!! :eek:

Edited by leopuppy04

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well join in to! Kinta is getting bigger by the second- she's about 6.5wks now :eek:. I feel soooo disorganized this time around!

I'm also a nervous mess. Last time we had inertia, so fingers crossed that doesn't happen again, but also lots of my friends have lost pups at whelping or just before recently too so I'm seriously worried and just want some happy, healthy pups!!

Compared to kinta's last litter though, she's already bigger than she was atthe same stage past time...so who knows how many she's having!! :eek:

LP you are added put due on the 18th.

Did you finally get a whelping box??

My Girl is BIGGER than last time with 2 weeks to go (she had 12 previously) but she is doing so much better. This time last time she could hardly eat and was very puffed when she walked around too much. This time she is much bigger and is eating like a vaccuum cleaner. Here's to hoping this continues.

:eek: oh my goodness! Best of luck with that - 12!

LP: Keeping everything crossed for a nice easy whelp for you and Kinta. Ellie had a difficult time last time and after much thought she'll be having a caesarian on Tuesday. I'm not one for elective caesars, and have never had one. Just make sure you keep your vets after hours number with you at all times!

Yes fingers crossed but I'd go in expecting it, at least you'll be mentally prepared should it happen again.

Best wishes :)

Underfoot - that Willow of yours is a puppy factory!!! She's certainly no underachiever!! LOVE Dally pups!!

I hate large litters. I find 8 puppies hard enough anymore and you have a lot more sleepless nights and a lot more work to do. This will be the last litter for us for a few years.

I was lucky and only had 7 in my last - I had nightmares of 15 (as you know it does happen). 7 6-8 week old GSPs were such a handful I could never imagine having such a huge litter. You're so right about the sleepness nights etc. How does your girl go with feeding them all, do you split yours into two groups and rotate for feeds?