Feeding Labradors

Eagle Pack, Nutro and Natural Balance are made in the USA -

Your petstore needs to do some research! Maybe they can order them for you, or you can contact the companies directly, they all have websites.

I can find all of those brands in Melbourne easily, I guess it depends whereyou are, but I'm pretty sure there are several companies on the internet that will ship...

As for the sizes, there is no breed specific food in these formulations - this is just a gimmick that RC uses...

Have fun with the research!

Maybe you can try www.k9katzkitchen.com.au ? I've ordered from them before, they do delivery, good service. If you want big crunch, Nutrience has very big kibbles for big breeds.

I've just found out that the Pet Food Plus near us has BARF patties. Bought one lot and the dogs LOVED it, but $12 for 18 patties (which would last only three days if that's all we used) it's pretty pricy. Also our freezer isn't big enough to hold much!

I might have to look into buying a super premium food processor!

I feed my lab x GSD:

Chicken frame (or wings) in the morning.

Royal Canin Lite (1 - 2 cups) with either: sardines, eggs, tuna, tuckertime, optimum canned food.

Occasional bit of cheese if she's being a good girl.

Bones with a bit of meat left on them.

She is a picky eater and doesnt like kibble very much, usually she'll pick out the cubed tuckertime, sardines and tuna and leave the kibble. I'll soak it in water to make it mushy and that seems to help. I've been trying her on Optimum kibble as well and see no difference. Her coat is sooooooo shiny, like a black-blue.

The last time we weighed her she was 30.5kg. She's a cross so i think this is an ok weight. She's built more like a lab and the healthy weight range was 25 - 31kg or something like that.