How Much Do Your Dogs Eat?

Bubby (Goldie weighing 29.4 kgs) gets in the morning: 1 kong full of Royal Canine (its a large size Kong), 6 chicken necks, 1 dried Roo tail

OR

1 kong full of Royal Canine, 2 dog biscuits with a dab vegimite, 1 pigs ear

OR

1 kong full of Royal Canine, 1 marrow bone (I don't saw it in half so he gets no marrow, its only for playing with), bottle with 5 small cubes of cheese and some liver treats

I vary this but kong with RC is the constant

Dinner: 1 chicken frame (if it is large and meaty) or 2 chicken frames (if they are small)

OR

400g lean mince (beef or chicken) with 300g pureed veggies

OR

2 cans sardines plus 2 scrambled eggs (no oil) (He gets this just once a week)

mmm. the Poms (weighing no more than 3kg) on average each get 1/4 cup of raw chicken mince, 1 heaped tablespoon of royal canin mini kibble, 1 tbsp of meat bits meal, 1tsp of eaglepack canned 3 times a week, just to ad a bit of flavour. Some of them get a sprinkle of Ziwipeak on top.

Fussy Pom who only weighed 1.5kg, now weighs 2kg thanks to Ziwipeak, he gets 1/2 cup raw chicken mince and approx 1tbsp ziwipeak dry food.

The Italian Greyhound boys (4-5kg), get 1/2 cup Royal Canin kibble, 1/4 cup raw chicken mince, 1/4 cup meat bits meal, 1/4 cup Ziwipeak.

Italian grey baby girl (2.6kg), she gets 1/2 cup raw chicken, 1/4 cup royal canin mini junior & sprinkle of Ziwipeak.

The German shepherds, they all vary.. But average is - 1 cup Coprice family dog with 1/2 cup Royal Canin German Shepherd formula, 1 cup raw chicken..

It usually ends up as 2 cups chicken, as the chicken gets mixed with pasta, rice, vegies, some days they get mackeral or sardines, some days Tuna. depends whats going.

All our guys get fed of a morning. As they spend the day running around being looneys..

The Italians are getting fed twice a day now, as they burn off so much energy.. :p

She feeds her 40kg shapherd 1 cup a day!

does anyone else think that's too little for a shep?

Just to answer that question. Yes I would agree that it sounds like too little. I wonder what food she is feeding, because if her dog doesn't look underweight one would have to assume that it is enough.

You've spiked my curiousity now Pink Panther. I'm just a sticky beak at heart. :p Did you actually see the dog? You say this advice came from a lady at luring; was she someone participating or just some "helpful" :eek: spectator giving unasked for advice. A lot of that around it would seem. :love:

Daisy is about 17kg and really active so she gets 2 cups of Purina Bonnie (full fat) plus some tuna in oil or a small lamb flap or a couple of small turkey necks or chicken necks.

Poppy who needs to lose a few kilo's is 23-24kg and is a real guts. I have just started feeding her Purina Bonnie (low fat) and giving her 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night but I dont think its making her lose any weight yet. I am going to cut it down to 1 cup at night with 1 small turkey neck. She used to eat vegetables and tuna for dinner but that didnt work either.

I have cut out all treats as she used to have a dentastix in the morning and the occasional pigs ear but no more of that till she looses the weight.

The Jack Russells:

I don't measure in cups

Pippa & Paige have two handfulls of Eagle Pack and a chicken neck once a day (both around 5 - -6 kg's

Bubba has three handfulls of Eagle Pack and a chicken neck once a day. (6.5 kg's

Once a week they will have a lamb neck cut in three. Also one a week, the chicken neck is replaced with a tin of sardines.

The Weimaraners:

They all have a small breakfast (some soaked dry or biscuits)

For tea, Lucy has two cups of dry and two heaped spoon fulls (the big plastic ones, not desert spoons :rofl: ) of BARF mixture

Mille has the same, but not as much dry.

Zac has two cups of high fat dry and about 1/3 of dog roll (it's the only thing that will keep his weight. He also has a little BARF mix.

They each have a chicken wing each night.

I'm not sure on the Wei's weights as they are my mum's dogs.

Edited by weisnjac