6 Week Old Puppies Still Want Mums Milk

mini foxies

:worship: im a breeder of mini foxies and ive sold 2 already to new homes... the 2 that are not sold as of yet have refused to eat solids , they drink water but they only want their mums milk..one problem... the mums milk has been dried up for a week now... iv got them to eat baby food but now they are bluntly refusing to eat at all... ive tried puppy foods but no good what can i doto get them to stop chasing the sound of their mum whos outside now and get them to eat? her first litter ate drank and were content to all be without her, but this time im stumped... ive contacted the mothers kennels and was told to have them put to sleep as they will become clingy needy dogs... i want to give them a go as i dont believe in getting rid of healthy puppies that arent sick or in pain...

any hints?????

all my puppies are vaccinated fully wormed fully vetchecked and microchipped before being sold.....

post-17770-1180932592_thumb.jpg

Why have you separated them from their mother? I always leave the puppies with their mother and let them wean naturally. The mother will provide less and less and you provide more and more. Let the puppies be with their mother, she will probably tell them where to go and there is more chance that they'll eat solid food once they realise that the milk bar's closed. What are you feeding them? Try mixing it up with some Pedigree puppy milk until it's semi liquid and then gradually decrease the milk, make sure that the food isn't cold or served direct from the fridge. You have two weeks to wean them, the puppies shouldn't be leaving home until they're eight weeks.

BTW the breeder's comments are ridiculous, I can't imagine any decent reputable breeder coming out with a comment like that :worship:

Agree. Pups should still be with their mum and she still has so much to teach them...

So when you say the two you havent sold does that mean the two that you do have are still with you?? if not they are far to young to be away from mum and litter mates...

dont worry folks all the puppies are never let go until thier 10th week... mum does come inside with the puppies but she only stays in for 3 mins then vanishes outdoors through the cat flap again..... she has no interest in her puppies asside from licking each of their heads before she vanishes outside....

the vets said its her way of weaning them.... she spent all her time with her babies until 5 weeks of age....she is a fantastic mum to them all

and i agree that the kennel where i got 'Tillie-Angel' from are wrong at their comments.... they are now starting to inbreed puppies which is a GENERTIC NIGHTMARE ! ! ! they breed brother to sister from the same litter....even i know thats immorral and wrong.... :worship:

Just a suggestion but try them on a little scraped beef or premium mince (human grade). I start weaning my puppies at 20 days, I offer little balls of raw meat and I have never had a puppy refuse to eat. Then you can introduce some commercial dry food if you wish, Advance Puppy Rehydratable is a good starter food, if they're reluctant to eat it mix in a little puppy milk.