Cat Litter/poop Question?

I was SOOOOO glad to read all of this.!!!

My Rotti X Ridgeback LOVES CAT POO!! AND he has unfortunately passed this trait onto my Pug, who is an inside dog majority of the time, and her breath is RANK.

They scurry around in the garden looking for it, or they stand and watch our cat do his business, then shoo him away, and hook in!! :shakehead:

It nearly made me throw up. :laugh:

My other half said, get rid of the cat and that will fix the problem! But it's not Trevors (the cat) fault!!

Likewise there's a worming cycle issue - there's no point keeping everyone on a good worming schedule and keeping a tidy backyard if the dogs are going to turn around and eat a cat turd. Sure, I worm the cat at the same time, but that doesn't mean his nuggets are going to be clean for 3 months.

If you're worming regularly, what's the problem? If they get worms, you take care of them. The odd parasite isn't a problem. It's when you get a build up that they do harm.

Heh, I hate the idea of parasites - I think I'm scarred for life after picking up a still squirming tapeworm off the laundry floor. :thumbsup:

It was from our cat at the time, and ever since I've been more picky about it.

Forge has found a spot in the garden where the neighbours cat likes to bury these friggin huge cow-pats-of-a-cat-turd.

I've removed as much as I could find and put Forge's poo on top, which seems to have deterred him and hopefully the cat too. I'm praying.

Forge has found a spot in the garden where the neighbours cat likes to bury these friggin huge cow-pats-of-a-cat-turd.

I've removed as much as I could find and put Forge's poo on top, which seems to have deterred him and hopefully the cat too. I'm praying.

easy solution to that - ring the neighbours and TELL them to keep their cat in their own home

I HATE roaming cats :)

Get a cat trap and catch the cat

Get a cat trap and catch the cat

That could be a good idea. I'm not sure which neighbours cat it is, so can't really ring 'em, but if I go door to door asking if the cat in the cage is theirs I should be able to find out. :)

i would be doing it.

My girls are inside all the time - i know i am in here whinging about cat poo, but at least my cat poo stays in my laundry, not in someone elses garden.

I have to keep my dogs in my yard, but its ok for people to let their cats roam? :)

i would be doing it.

My girls are inside all the time - i know i am in here whinging about cat poo, but at least my cat poo stays in my laundry, not in someone elses garden.

I have to keep my dogs in my yard, but its ok for people to let their cats roam? :love:

Thankyou TB :) My cats are inside only too and I much prefer cat poo in the laundry where I can dispose of it easily, than all through the bloody garden or anyone elses.

:eek: Yes, all mine will do this if they can. We have 4 cats, 3 trays, in the laundry. What we did was put a steel bar hook, available at any hardware place, on the door jamb, with the loop on the door. This means the door only opens about 3 inches, just enough for kitty to get through but not doggies. Ours is high upon the door so no cats or dogs can unlatch it and it works great. the door never needs to be completely closed and it has prevented snacking completely, Feral dogs!!!

:cry: Yes, all mine will do this if they can. We have 4 cats, 3 trays, in the laundry. What we did was put a steel bar hook, available at any hardware place, on the door jamb, with the loop on the door. This means the door only opens about 3 inches, just enough for kitty to get through but not doggies. Ours is high upon the door so no cats or dogs can unlatch it and it works great. the door never needs to be completely closed and it has prevented snacking completely, Feral dogs!!!

That is a GREAT idea!!!!!

I can put it up, and unscrew it when i leave! Going to get one this week! thank you!!!!

:p Yes, all mine will do this if they can. We have 4 cats, 3 trays, in the laundry. What we did was put a steel bar hook, available at any hardware place, on the door jamb, with the loop on the door. This means the door only opens about 3 inches, just enough for kitty to get through but not doggies. Ours is high upon the door so no cats or dogs can unlatch it and it works great. the door never needs to be completely closed and it has prevented snacking completely, Feral dogs!!!

That is a GREAT idea!!!!!

I can put it up, and unscrew it when i leave! Going to get one this week! thank you!!!!

:o Good luck terrorbull!!!!!!!!!