My Whinge: When Will He Be Housebroken?!?!?!

deltron

Thanks everyone :)

Charlie and I got soaked to the bone last night at 2am when he whined to go pee. It was POURING outside.

I had to lean over so my back would shield him from the rain. Only when I woke up this morning did I realise I could have used an umbrella :laugh:

Ahh the joys of dog ownership.

We've stopped crating him at night, and he's sleeping in the bed with us. I actually enjoy my little hot water bottle. He likes to sleep in the crook of my back or on my feet which is fine with me as I get cold there.

This way he only whines when he genuinely needs to pee, and not for attention seeking. Seems to be working. He spends all day in his (open) crate while i'm at work so it must be nice for him to hang out with his 'pack' at nighttime.

He's not had an accident for 2 days now, and he's also stopped being so bitey, thank goodness. He knows now that I will cease rubbing his belly if he tries to bite me. :p

Im laughing As I also got soaked last night on the toilet run as Lucy went toilet but then thought a meeting with the dog next door that sleeps outside would be fun I love melbourne weather

Awwww you poor thing! :laugh:

Emma's toilet training is frustrating us too. Sometimes I feel like we're really getting somewhere, then she does her business inside a couple of times and I feel like we're back to square one.

She slept inside for the first time on Sun and Mon night with no problems, but last night when we brought her inside she did her business (#2 - and this was just after her doing her business out the back). We took her back outside, and one of us stood with her in the toilet spot while the other cleaned up. When we brought her back inside, she did it again. So... we cleaned up again, and brought her back in again... She just wouldn't settle down, so we ended up taking her out to sleep in her kennel.

I was so happy about the last two nights and now I feel deflated. We'll just keep persisting, rewarding the good, and doing our best to avoid accidents.

Thanks everyone :)

Charlie and I got soaked to the bone last night at 2am when he whined to go pee. It was POURING outside.

I had to lean over so my back would shield him from the rain. Only when I woke up this morning did I realise I could have used an umbrella :laugh:

Ahh the joys of dog ownership.

We've stopped crating him at night, and he's sleeping in the bed with us. I actually enjoy my little hot water bottle. He likes to sleep in the crook of my back or on my feet which is fine with me as I get cold there.

This way he only whines when he genuinely needs to pee, and not for attention seeking. Seems to be working. He spends all day in his (open) crate while i'm at work so it must be nice for him to hang out with his 'pack' at nighttime.

He's not had an accident for 2 days now, and he's also stopped being so bitey, thank goodness. He knows now that I will cease rubbing his belly if he tries to bite me. :p

that's great to hear.

No doubt people will say that you shouldn't have him on the bed, leadership issues and all that.

Kyzer has slept on our bed from day one, i was so scared he would freeze to death because he was so tiny! i did find it helped the toilet training because he wasn't game to try and jump off the bed do he would wake us up when he needed to go.

He still sleeps on our bed, and he just takes himself to the toilet now.

I love waking up and having him there and giving him a little tummy rub and saying good morning.

[Note to self]

Make sure next puppy is from a Spring or early summer litter. The last one wasn't.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to when I bring my new girl home this weekend is the fact that she's a Winter puppy!!

Must remmeber to buy some gloves and a scarf for those middle-of-the-night wee breaks :laugh:

Im laughing As I also got soaked last night on the toilet run as Lucy went toilet but then thought a meeting with the dog next door that sleeps outside would be fun I love melbourne weather

Jorj didn't go last night! fist time since we've had her that she slept through the night!! So neither of us had to stand outside in the cold pouring rain. But this morning was another story all together when she snuck into mum's room for number twos :laugh: not a good idea... I got a phone call from mum on the way to school expressing her outrage lol

Must remmeber to buy some gloves and a scarf for those middle-of-the-night wee breaks

Don't forget the beanie and umbrella :thumbsup: