Jak Lost Her First Tooth!

Rhi*Jak*Ed

Hi all,

I just wanted to share that Jak lost her first baby tooth last night! Very exciting and a nice warm and fuzzy moment for me lol.

I got her home from Doggie Daycare (exhausted again - woohoo!) and she was curled up in her little donut bed. I got down on the floor to give her a pat and noticed that she had some blood on her leg. I inspected it and thought that maybe she'd received a nip from one of the dogs during the day. But then she lifted her head and I saw the blood in her mouth and the place where a tooth USED to be!

Very exciting.

Do pups begin to lose the urge to mouth once they get their adult teeth through?

Rhi & Toothless Jak

Hi all,

I just wanted to share that Jak lost her first baby tooth last night! Very exciting and a nice warm and fuzzy moment for me lol.

I got her home from Doggie Daycare (exhausted again - woohoo!) and she was curled up in her little donut bed. I got down on the floor to give her a pat and noticed that she had some blood on her leg. I inspected it and thought that maybe she'd received a nip from one of the dogs during the day. But then she lifted her head and I saw the blood in her mouth and the place where a tooth USED to be!

Very exciting.

Do pups begin to lose the urge to mouth once they get their adult teeth through?

Rhi & Toothless Jak

Awww how nice!

I never knew that pups lost teeth until I patted my boss's golden retriever pup and and bloody tooth dropped out of it's mouth. I thought i'd broken the dog!

So, what did the tooth fairy leave under Jak's pillow? :laugh:

Hmmm. I was going to point and laugh and call you sicko-freaks...

BUT

Then I realised, I'd do exactly the same thing.

Where's my straight-jacket?

I think I might need it before you, because when I first read this post, I thought that if I had a big dog, i'd put the tooth on a necklace and wear it.

Too bad dogs swallow their teeth.

OK really off topic, but when i was a little kid, I opened the ashtray in my friend's mum's gemini as I was getting a lift home.

The ashtray was full of teeth!!! She kept the baby teeth of her kids in there. I freaked out and she got angry at me for finding her hiding place.

Edited by deltron

Guest Clover

:thumbsup: Little Jak is growing up.

I keep them in a little tin, but you have to make sure you clean them well first, then keep them in a container in cotton wool because they do deteriorate quickly if you dont.

I have had Clovers baby teeth for about 8 years and they are in perfect condition still :laugh:.

What a coincidence!!! I just came in here to check when pups start losing their teeth, as I have just experienced the exact same thing with Avril who is now 5 months old.

I just bought her a new ball that has a strap around it with ropes on either end, and was playing with her and she brought it back and it had blood all over it. I almost freaked thinking she was hurt, until I checked her mouth and realised one of those really large teeth on the bottom right hand side had fallen out. I was suprised at the amount of blood there was, but then she was running around like her typical loony self with her new ball toy, so perhaps that didnt help!

How old is your pup?

I have never ever found one of my mutts teeth,, they just went... bugger missed out on something..

But then again I did pay to have the root of Lolas fang removed when it was smashed out in play.. now that bill was expensive..

:thumbsup: Little Jak is growing up.
I keep them in a little tin, but you have to make sure you clean them well first, then keep them in a container in cotton wool because they do deteriorate quickly if you dont.

I have had Clovers baby teeth for about 8 years and they are in perfect condition still :laugh:.

I know! lol. Pretty scary!

What a coincidence!!! I just came in here to check when pups start losing their teeth, as I have just experienced the exact same thing with Avril who is now 5 months old.

I just bought her a new ball that has a strap around it with ropes on either end, and was playing with her and she brought it back and it had blood all over it. I almost freaked thinking she was hurt, until I checked her mouth and realised one of those really large teeth on the bottom right hand side had fallen out. I was suprised at the amount of blood there was, but then she was running around like her typical loony self with her new ball toy, so perhaps that didnt help!

How old is your pup?

Hi Hedge,

She is 5 months old... She just literally lost another 2 not even 5 minutes ago! She was chewing on a teddy and I saw more blood. Guess what though? I managed to get the teeth! They were side by side and she spat them out, quite funny really. They're now in a glass of water in the kitchen. She might just find a treat under her pillow tonight! hahaha.

Hi Hedge,

She is 5 months old... She just literally lost another 2 not even 5 minutes ago! She was chewing on a teddy and I saw more blood. Guess what though? I managed to get the teeth! They were side by side and she spat them out, quite funny really. They're now in a glass of water in the kitchen. She might just find a treat under her pillow tonight! hahaha.

:thumbsup: My 7 year old daughter (who has her two front teeth missing at the moment) was really upset that Avrils tooth was lost some where in the backyard, because now the toothfairy won't be making a visit. Between her and Avril, the toothfairy is keeping me broke these days!! :laugh:

So it looks like our pups are going through the same things at the same time, so they are probably right on track....phew!

After I read this last night I went and checked Dolly's mouth (she is nearly 4 months) and she is missing a couple of those tiny little ones on the front down the bottom. So cute, she looks like a kindy kid! We've been leaving her a bone every morning before we go to work and she is still firmly attachd to them when we get home, so it must feel good for her to be able to dislodge her teeth.

Next step, hopefully those fishhook-shaped canine teeth that caught in my pyjama bottoms!

hahaha a visit from the tooth fairy may be install :p

WOW how exciting.. I didn't know pups lost their teeth :rofl::o :D

So should I be expecting my puppy to lose hers about about 5 months?

Hi KittCat,

They certainly do lose their "baby" teeth! When Jak used to go to puppy pre-school one of the pups she played with was 4 months old and after a play session she was covered in his blood because he was teething. His owner didn't know they lost their teeth either so was concerned about the blood.

It can be a bit freaky, especially if you don't know about it. There has been a fair bit of blood in Jak's mouth the last two nights now. Gross :eek:

Thanks for that Rhi & Jak. I had actually asked my dad if pups had "baby teeth" and lost them. Back in the day dad often had unplanned puppies from their family dogs and he never remembered them losing their teeth so it was a surpirse to hear they do for both of us.

Just another exciting part of growing up and being a puppy :eek:

Morgan lost her teeth about a week ago (she's almost 6 months now) and I saved it! haha. I rang my boyfriend up whilst he was at work and he couldn't believe I'd interrupt him at work just to let him know she lost a tooth! She's still got a bloody mouth and that funny blood-breath... I miss fresh puppy breath :)

Awwww its so cute that I'm not the only one that went warm and fuzzy when my Josie lost her first tooth.I was lucky enough that it dropped out in my hand from a tug toy.Toothfairy(OH) put $4 in the glass where I put her tooth in.

I went out the next day and bought her some chicken necks.Since then I have got a total colection of 3 teeth that I am going to put on a scrapbooking page.She has lost all her front top and bottom teeth and tomorrow she is five months.