Taking The Plunge God Help Me

Midget Guts looks like a winner to me :mad So cute!

I was talking to the Judge I was stewarding with, she thought it was funny and they would have to make him special jumps if he gets into open in the future :rofl::rofl:

You know, I have a friend who has just started trialling her Pap this year....hadn't even given a thought to the jump heights :o

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming to be trialing with both my boys as of early next year :mad So will see you at training in the non too distant future!!!!

All the best with trialing and i hope the mighty midget does beautifully!!!!!

I'm aiming to be trialing with both my boys as of early next year ;) So will see you at training in the non too distant future!!!!

All the best with trialing and i hope the mighty midget does beautifully!!!!!

Oh when are you going to start coming again :laugh:

I know someone who trials a teeny weeny Papillon - much smaller than most Paps I've seen. The different lowest jump heights for the different codes make an impact on what trials she attends. Seesaws are also an issue. Some of them have the balance set up so that the seesaw lowers very slowly (increasing course times) or she's even had it not go down at all.

If he's overweight, even if he's small, he needs to have the weight off, particularly since the littlest dogs always seem to jump much higher relative to their own height. You don't want to go stressing his joints.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I know someone who trials a teeny weeny Papillon - much smaller than most Paps I've seen. The different lowest jump heights for the different codes make an impact on what trials she attends. Seesaws are also an issue. Some of them have the balance set up so that the seesaw lowers very slowly (increasing course times) or she's even had it not go down at all.

If he's overweight, even if he's small, he needs to have the weight off, particularly since the littlest dogs always seem to jump much higher relative to their own height. You don't want to go stressing his joints.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Me thinks we will be stuck in CCD for a long time ;) I dont think he will make it to open its obedience not agility, I would do it with him if I didnt have metal hips :laugh: They might snap off if I try to run :rofl:

Yuppers Sidoney in Open you have to jump,I dont think I will get that far, he retireves his dumbell at home, but wont do it at training yet you should see the size of the dumbell :laugh:

I trialed and tracked with a mini dachshund many years ago, most people found it amusing to watch us work.

Good luck with trailing Varicool

:D I've seen a mini dachy track. Judge commented that it was the first dog that he judged that could get his tracking line tangled on a cow pat :rofl:

Harvey has his certificate now so its all full steam ahead from here, now dumb question but I cant wait until next week at class, how do I enter and does the cccq send out a magazine or something or do I have to pay a subscription for that thanks :rofl:

Once you are a member of the CCCQ they will start sending you the mags each month...can't remember when the next one is due tho...lol.

Are you meaning entering trials? for that you need to get the entry forms from the CCCQ - you can call them and do it all over the phone pay by credit card etc or just fax them what you want etc...get a booklet of them for $5 or so from memory. Then you fill out the forms as required for each trial and send the form and cheque off to the secretary and 'bobs your uncle' :rofl:

Thanks Kitkat oops dont own a cheque book :rofl: and yuppers entering trials, do they send you a membership pack or anything all I have received so far is Harveys cert and it has my membership number on it...

Edited by varicool

It's been known for people to send cash...lol...but it's not encouraged! But the Aussie post cheque thingo's are also fine from what i understand :rofl: At least i hope so! As that's what i'll be doing unless i arrange for a cheque book :rofl:

Have you also joined as a member? Can't remember if you have to do it at the same time - i was a member of the CCCQ before i got my poochies :rofl: Tho if you have a membership number then i'm assuming you have joined...and that may be all the info etc you get!

You don't get a membership pack as such...from memory i got a 'letter' with my card attached to it, along with the rules and regs of being a CCCQ member etc...so if you have that i think that's about it :rofl:

Do people find their dogs do better in trials than is class, Harveys a lazy wee tyke slow recalls etc, but when we did a recall as part of a demo at the fun night at obedience last week he was very fast and on the ball it was as if he was showing off to the other dogs and owners watching :rofl:

Thanks Kitkat no havent got the member card or letter just Harveys cert I did both at the same time

Edited by varicool

Sounds like the rest is coming :rofl:

As to doing better in a trial...it can depend on you and how nervy/anxious/tense etc you get :rofl:

I'm expecting Bronx to work badly in a trial...lol...for all that he plays it up like a ham and is generally super obedient when we are at work (eg expos etc). But i'm expecting myself to be an absolute mess going into the ring the first few times and i know B will pick up on that. I think Sabe will work better only because he'll be more on alert - but will he focus on me or everything else?? :rofl:

Hehehe...considering Bronx has been 'treated harshly' by several little poochies...i'm not sure his greetings will be particularly friendly :rofl: but we can see how things go :) Besides he was bitten on the nose by a rat the other day...not sure how he'll go with a Chi... :o:rofl: Just kidding of course (he was bitten tho...lol)

I'm hoping to be back there next Monday - meant to be back this week but was sick as a dog :rofl: