Jak Gets Desexed Tomorrow :-(

Rhi*Jak*Ed

Poor Jak! If it is an esophagus problem, what is she being fed? Maybe a more liquid-based meal will go down a bit more easily? My girl had her op on Friday and is back to normal already. It's so hard keeping her still... I worry about her stitches but she doesn't seem to be too fussed by it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Well I finally have good news to report. Jak is doing just fine :mad

She's got loads of energy again now, and I think having a houseguest all weekend has helped bring some of that energy out. Mind you, I don't think my friend will overly miss having her shoes carted down the hallway or her socks dragged out into the backyard. :mad

She's only retching occasionally now, not non-stop like she was, but is still vomiting once a day. Sometimes it's bile, sometimes there's some food there. All in all though, she's doing great. Back to latching onto my pants when I walk down the hallway, jumping up and barking at me when I'm at the computer. Ahh, good times haha.

I'm back at work today so she'll be at home by herself, but I'm sure she'll be fine. My friend and I were in and out all weekend (and I was worried sick about her), but she was fine.

I'll be calling the vet day to update him of her status. He did say 5-6 days for her to fully get back to her old self, and its been 4 and definite improvement, so hopefully by Wednesday or even Thursday she'll have stopped retching completely.

Thanks again for everyone's comments and support, you've been great.

Rhi & Jak

Hi Rhi

I am so thrilled to hear little jak in on the mend, you must be so relieved ;) I had a good laugh when you said she was back to being naughty. I am sure she will be getting up to alot more mischief as she does have lost time to make up for :party:

Hi all,

Well Jak is now around the 95% mark I'd say, which is pretty great going. Slow, but great going nonetheless.

She is now a complete and utter terror and I'm almost back to calling her Luci (a shortened version of Lucifer!!). I wonder if my "looking after" her has somehow made her think that she is now the leader of the pack. I'm not sure, but she's driving me crazy.

I walk down the hall and she jumps up and nips at my thighs. Not cute, and it hurts. In fact, I have two bruises on my thighs from where she has gotten my skin. She also seems to be demolishing everything and seems to be testing her jumping abilities at the moment. Things that were previously "safe" no longer are - like on the kitchen table. I got home yesterday and the catalogues and magazines I had up there were on the floor, ripped up into tiny pieces and were literally EVERYWHERE.

Her mouthing has become more of a nip, and it too now hurts. I say a loud "no", and hold her bottom jaw with my thumb, but in a way it seems to be spurring her on.

So.... I'm very sad to report that she's now in bed! Last night she made it to 7.30, which was actually quite good. I usually put her to bed in her crate at 8.30, but since she's recovered I can't seem to put up with her for long. Have I just gotten used to her being so lethargic, or is she now getting rid of all that pent up energy?

Someone else posted a thread about their 6 month pup driving them crazy... Well, I hear ya barkin' big dog ;-)