Barf Rolls

zoo

I have found a place online that sells BARF Roll.

For a while have been thinnking about trying Barf Patties. What form do most people buy them in? Has anyone bought it in a roll and if so do you have to cut it up into patties before you freeze it. Before I buy online, would just like to know if anyone has tried it in this roll before.

We get our barf in 2kg rolls. It's not firm like the patties though, it's very soft just like fine mince.

You can either cut it into slices while frozen, divide the unfrozen roll into portions and then freeze it, or leave it fresh and just scoop out what you need and put the rest back in the fridge.

It all depends on what quantity you need to use each day as to what you do, and how squeamish you are about handling raw meat and blood. If the entire 2kg cannot be used within about 4 days, it will not be very nice to feed.

We get the 2kg rolls in bulk quantities. If you don't have a lot of freezer space to buy barf in bulk, the patties may turn out to be the better option for you.

Our Barf diet is made by Big Dog Pet Foods in Lawnton, just north of Brisbane. They also manufacture Barf patties.

Thanks for the replies. I think the ones I have seen online are actually the rolls but I would prefer to buy the patties I think.Does anyone know of a good online shop that sells them?

Also read somewhere that if you are feeding patties, you should not be feeding kibble.

I currently use nutro, chicken necks and use chicken, beef offal etc mixed in with vegetables, polenta and rice.

I was hoping that the Barf patties could just replace the chicken mix etc. Also how much do you feed your dogs - 1 pattie a day?

With the Dr B Barf Patties, you feed one patty per 11 kg as a rough guide. It will depend on the breed and the activity level of your dog.

They are designed as a complete food, and the barf philosophy is that you do not feed kibble in conjunction with barf.

But Nutro is also a balanced food, a bit better and more nutritious than the average kibble, and if your dog is doing well on it there is not reason why you couldn't feed this as well as the patties, as long as you reduced the quantity of the patties to allow for the dry food.

Keep in mind that you also need to be feeding bones for dental health, so the more bones you feed the less patties you will need to feed.

Edited by Greytmate

my lab kelpie and brothers ridgeback are all fed kibble at night and bone in the morning. they love it! but if they all lived in adelaide with me they would be fed raw food like my jrt x. they live in the country with my parents so its a lot harder to get good ingredients to feed them. there are endless possibilites and opinons on what to feed dogs. whatever works for you i think.

I feed Barf, Kibble and Bones.

The kibble is for the play balls when I am working and not much either. :thumbsup:

Barf at night 1/8 each for Lillie and Biscuit and a 1/3 for Godzy the cat gets half of one.

Bones on a Friday night so I can relax and watch TV :laugh: and Sunday is fast day for all concerned.

Oh in the morning a chick wing or neck for all the dogs and cats.