How Can I Get Rid Of The Doggy Smell & Turn Their Fur White?

:) my 2 mini foxies had their first visit to a qualified groomer and i said that the female has scarse thin hair(fine down) and very sensitive skin.

and the male is older so his fur has gone alot coarser, she used a blue product (which had blue loo on the front)

and it has made their white fur get a very pale blue tinge to it, its noticable in the sun.....

i am moving soon and i need to know how to turn their fur back white, and products i can safetly use to rid that doggy B.O for the long car trip atleast.....also the male has a yellowing on his belly hair... is that from age or does white fur turn yellow???

PLEASE HELP as my poor babys need to be groomed by someone who really knows how to groom a dog

Regarding the blue tinge I wouldn’t worry too much, it will come off with time. She obviously used too much. If you are very concerned about it just wash the dogs, comes off easily.

Regarding the smell, how often are you bathing them. A dog bathed 6-8 weekly shouldn’t have any smell. What are you feeding?

Pre-mixed blue shampoos or white glo are made to the correct mix not to leave discolouration when used.

I used to laugh at all the blue/purple ponies trotting around PC when the kids had washed them using crystal silver in the wrong dose.

If the shampoo is made up with crystal silver in it you have to be careful to get the amount right.

It will wash out or just fade away.

My dogs get a bath every six months or so ( the joy of greyhounds! ) but I wipe them over with baby wipes, especially around the muzzle.

The yellowing does sound like urine staining maybe, my boy squats to pee and while the rest of him is clean and nice he has that "doggy" smell more often because he pees all over his leg........ baby wipes get rid of the smell and help to keep the area clean without the need to wash all the time and strip the oils from his coat.

You can get doggy wipes, but they are pretty much the same as baby ones and the baby ones are cheaper - $3.00 or so at ALDI for good thick unscented ones -

:laugh::rofl::eek::o:) :p :rock::):rofl:

Blue dogs, as mentioned above the blue shampoo is a whitener but when not used correctly does leave a blue tinge. Just re-wash, maybe with a normal shampoo. I rinse and scrub might get you out of trouble.