Puppy Training In The Southern Highlands?

Hi Guys,

We just picked up a Wolfhound puppy from the pound (he's about 7 months) and we want to start doing some obedience classes. We're currently trying to housetrain him on our own, and it's a slow process. I think some formal training would help.

Does anyone know of any good training places in the Southern Highlands, preferably near Mittagong? I've tried just doing google and yellowpages.com.au searches, but I'm not coming up with much.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Wolfhound Lover

Hi WL, well we have more in common than just loving wolfhounds, we even live not too far apart - I am at Goulburn :(

There is an obedience club at Goulburn that meets every Wednesday evening at the showground at 6pm (but it has been too cold for me to go for a while :) )

I believe that there is a group near Mittagong though, I will try and find out about it for you.

Southern Highlands Kennel and Obedience Club (think I have the name right) train at the Blue Circle Oval at Berrima - between Moss Vale and Berrima. They should be in the phone book - or this link should take you there. I think their normal training is Monday night.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys! I will go check it out. hopefully they do late evening classes because i don't get home till late.

I know what you mean about the cold daisy. i walked my dogs tonight and so didn't want to. the wind was howling so loudly. when we were walking with the wind it almost felt like we were being pushed along! so glad to get back inside afterwards.