Ttouch

As the title says: Has anyone tried TTOUCH? Does it work?

Yes and yes.

Brilliant!. :eek:

Got 4 year old Dobe - that had "issues" about being groomed/washed around the rear end. She's a gem now. Sure, time and trust building would probably have helped anyway - but I give T-Touch considerable credit. :mad

She is the one in the avatar.

Also used it to relax/stimulate etc. Very good.

Yes, very good. I always use it when the pups are young to get them used to my touch first before I begin grooming them. Also use it when teach the stand for examinations.... brilliant and they seldom move when taught this way, seems to put them into a state of relaxation.

Sue

I think we over-did the relax bit. Ours can't stay standing when we pat her now - if we keep going , she ends up lying on the ground with all four paws in the air.

Oh well - she isn't a show dog so I guess we can live with that. :provoke:

Edited by noisymina

Although I wouldn't say I've used "TTouch" with any degree of professionalism, TTouch is 'deeper' than a simple stroke or pat and tends to focus on nerve rich areas that trigger relaxation.

I used to use the TTouch method of firmly but gently pulling down along Kal's ear flaps (in the way described by the book) to calm her in times of high nervousness (eg. at the Vets). It helped anywhere from a reasonable to good degree.

I've used other 'spots' and massage methods as described in the book (as best as I was able to interpret them) to help calm a few of other dogs I've worked with here and there.

What is the difference between a simple relaxing pat or stroking of the dog?

The TTouch and TTEAM (horse variation) techniques activate brainwave patterns that awaken the brain (all levels of brainwave activity at once) which allows increases focus and develop emotional and muscular balance through improved mind-body integration. The creator has done EEG testing on horses using an EEG tool and the assessment suggests whole brain activation with beta, alpha, theta and delta waves being active (ie accessing the conscious and subconscious at once). The really interesting thing is that these brainwaves tend to be mirrored from the healer giving the touch (more so when they have experience and intention). This effect seems to be very specific to the particular movements that ttouch uses.

I was going to do a week long course when i was over in the USA, but the cancelled it at the last minute. I've been waiting for when a workshop is to be held in Aus.