Flint River Ranch

Hi All,

I have made enquiries about importing Flint River Products into Australia. After a lot of research I would love to have this product for my Furry Friends.

Currently there is no distributor or importer of Flint River into Australia. I have made enquries about this and plan to do some more however would like to know how many DOLers would seriously consider purchasing Flint River Products?

Please check their website for some great info on their dog and cat food, ingredients, etc. (very indepth with ingredients, nutrients breakdown etc)

Flint River Ranch

If you would be interested in purchasing any of their products please post here and if possible which product/s you are interested in, how much you would buy and (if known) the frequency. (The website has info on regular feeding guide and how long the product should last you)

I will then endeavour to contact as many distributors as possible and bargin a price and shipping quantity that would be required to get it here into Australia.

Cheers :eek:

There are a couple of dog foods i'd be curious about - the fish and chips/lamb rice and millet/Drywater - as well as the normal cat one. But i don't go thru dry food particularly fast these days.

I wonder if they'd be willing to send samples over? :eek: Last bag of cat food i tried without going with a small bag first the cats turned up their nose at :mad Unfortunately i had already tossed the bag and put the food into a container so i couldn't even return it...lol...good thing the dogs liked it!

There are a couple of dog foods i'd be curious about - the fish and chips/lamb rice and millet/Drywater - as well as the normal cat one. But i don't go thru dry food particularly fast these days.

I wonder if they'd be willing to send samples over? :eek: Last bag of cat food i tried without going with a small bag first the cats turned up their nose at :mad Unfortunately i had already tossed the bag and put the food into a container so i couldn't even return it...lol...good thing the dogs liked it!

Sample Packs can be purchased and contain samples of the different products (for dogs and cats) and I can also make enquries about getting some of these shipped over before a big order.

I could possibly be interested in trying it for my mini daccie, however she's currently on eagle pack which I'm quite happy with, so would want to know that the change would be worthwhile and also I wouldn't want to pay more than I'm currently paying.

I'd am interested in it. On top of the fact it has really good ingredients i like the fact that apart from a couple of them they aren't all a uniform shape it would be alot better on the dogs teeth to have a variety of shape with their dry food, ive never seen a dry food with a variety of shape in them before.

But the same as what daccies said I wouldnt want to be paying much more than i am now, Jasper is on a combination Nutro Lamb and Rice and lamb BARF patties.

If it works out to be a good price i would be interested in the Lamb, Millet and Rice and the Fish and Chip Nuggets, due to Jaspers allergy to chicken those are the only ones he could have.

I would get a 40 pound bag once a month. Or a 20 pound bag a fortnight if i had a few weeks where i had a few large bills and didnt have the extra to buy a huge bag.

Edited by Dimity

I've been in touch with another distributor - their price is a little better but have told me that depending on how much we order will bring the price down.

I'm not interested in making any money off this - I just want to be able to get Flint River into Australia - so whatever discount they will give gets passed onto you guys when you buy it.

Because I will be placing a Bulk Order I will be charged at the commercial rate so the prices on the website are not really accurate.

I will leave this go for a week or so and see what kind of responses there are before looking into it further - so if you are interested PLEASE check the website and post or PM me.

:rofl:

Coooooool :rofl:

One other thing to check may be Customs - with the import duty?

ETA - i'm wondering if it would be worth your while to get an ABN and become a distributer for the product? that way you may be eligible for tax concessions/rebates?

Edited by KitKat

Coooooool :rofl:

One other thing to check may be Customs - with the import duty?

ETA - i'm wondering if it would be worth your while to get an ABN and become a distributer for the product? that way you may be eligible for tax concessions/rebates?

I have already contacted customs and checked up on the rules of imported pet foods and the cost will also depend on the quantity and value.

I have and ABN that I plan on using, but unless I know people are interested in the product it is not worth my while registering with the company as a distributor, probably better to just place large orders for all those interested... we will just have to wait and see the response and see how it goes first :rofl:

I would be interested in Flint River Ranch Premium Fish & Chip. :rofl:

Also how come you want to get Flint River Ranch (which I agree is a great food) as opposed to GO, Orijen, Timberwolf Organics or Canidae (which I think are even better)?

I would be interested in Flint River Ranch Premium Fish & Chip. :rofl:

Also how come you want to get Flint River Ranch (which I agree is a great food) as opposed to GO, Orijen, Timberwolf Organics or Canidae (which I think are even better)?

I have spent many hours on Google over the past month or so looking for a new food. Flint River is the one I have decided on that would both suit the needs of my dogs and my budget (even taking into consideration currency exchange and shipping.)

The reason I have chosen Flint River is most likely the same reason other DOLers feed Royal Canin over Supercoat or Optimum over Eukanuba.

I'm not saying this is the best food in the world for your dog and started this topic at the request of a few others from another thread and some PMs.

If others want a different brand I'm sure it would not be hard to contact a few other companies in the US to get prices and deals. At least 2 of the distributors of Flint River also have other premium brands, I'm sure there would be more. If others post their preference I don't mind making the enquiries on costs & quantities as well.

I'm curtainly in for samples - the cat and dog ones would be great! If other brands are being considered i'd also be interested in purchasing samples of those - once again for cats and dogs. Mind you I probably go thru more kibble for the three cats then i do for the two GSD's :rofl:

I would be interested, but you are in queensland and i am in melbourne so how would that work.

Do you want someone to be able to distribute in Melbourne, I might be interested.

Also My two girls are on a light dry food to keep their weight down, but i dont think from looking at the site that it caters for this.

Ok - I think there is a little confusion.

My thoughts so far are - if there are enough people interested I will place a BULK order (at wholesale prices) have it all shipped to us, then send on to whoever.

For people outside Brisbane I can arrange postage or courier. Perhaps people in other states can accept a large order and then arrange for other DOLers to meet up and pick up their goodies.

IF there is enough interest generated for regular orders then I will definately look into becoming a distributor (perhaps of other brands too).

However, my personal feelings are that no one will want to committ to regular orders until they have at least tried the product and possibly found out what a regular price would be.

However, my personal feelings are that no one will want to committ to regular orders until they have at least tried the product and possibly found out what a regular price would be.

That's probably the go :provoke:

Before ordering any cat kibble i'd prefer to try samples - otherwise i'd have to get lil bags and then hopefully order bigger bags later. I know the dogs will eat what they are given and could probably just order a batch - but they don't go thru the stuff quickly so i'd be more likely to be ordering more in the way of cat food.

That's true, I would definitely need to know if my dogs like the food and the price of it. Please keep me updated as I will definitely would like to potentially become a regular.

BTW I have to large breed dogs and two cats and would be ordering food for all 4 of them.