Wound Care

OK

Just thought I would ask.. as some of you know PC was in a bitchfight yesterday and now has three drains in her leg..(pics are posted in general)

We have bathed the leg with Saline twice today

There is no discharge, heat or tenderness in the area. Any bloody discharge dissapated over night.

She is sedated and on antibiotics and has a bucket on, is confined to the bathroom and is only having water and soft food.. has yet to poo from yesterday..

Am allowing her a 20 minute wander around the house every 3 hours or so.. trying hard not to let her jump..

Anything that I need to look out for?? She dosent seem to be in pain, but she is off the planet on sedatives and who knows with staffy's when they are in pain anyway..

Any advice?? :thumbsup:

Sounds to me like you've got the bases covered.

YOu didn't mention the obvious . . . fever, lethargy, looking sick. If she seems to loose the fighting spirit, doesn't eat, or otherwise changes behaviour, I'd be in touch with the vet, pronto.

She is eating and drinking, lethargy goes with sedation.. no fever.. just lots of singing to come out of the baby gate caged bathroom..

Fighting spirit.. after yesterday I dont want her fighting anything :thumbsup:

Yep, just checking..