Perth Dolers!

Jean26

I've googled and searched on the yellowpages.com butcant seem to find anywhere that sells wholesale/bulk meat for dogs....

I'm just after bones, chicken wings, carcasses, good quality meats etc.

I'm currently buying chicken frames at about $3.00 to $4.00 per kilo - which gives me 2 frames and lasts me one day feeding two large breed dogs. I'd like to buy bulk and save a little as well.

Anywhere around the metro area would be fine.

Thanks all!!!! :rofl::laugh:

Hey Riverstar

I go to Beta Valet Wholesale petfood outlet. Railway Rd, Welshpool

They sell frozen dog food - chicken necks, roo, mince etc.

Best of all they sell cartons of 20 chicken carcasses for $6! :rofl: Not small ones either.

I have to leave the carton out for a day or so to thaw, then freeze the carcasses individually.

They sell other stuff there too, but it's only a small place, set up primarily to service retail outlets, they just sell direct to the public as well (and of course at half the price!)

:laugh:

Where are you in Perth, and how much do you buy? There are a couple outfits that deliver to the kennel areas . . . varying products of varying quality. Even if you don't live in a kennel area or buy 20+ kg at a time, you can often get a breeder or kennel manager to add a bit to their order and on-sell to you.

Wow your paying alot for chicken frames. I pay just over $1kg for chicken frames and chicken wings are $3.50 for a 2kg bag. I buy them from a local chicken shop. I get 2kg bags of kangaroo tails for $5 from Better Pets & Gardens.

For meat, there is a good pet food store on South Street (near Stock Road, Fremantle side).... Never took any notice about what else they sold, just used to buy the beef mince from them :) Maybe have a look in there.

I just used to them up and pre-order and pick up on way home from work. They would put however many kgs I wanted in which ever size bags, 500g per bag from memory...

Thanks for that everyone. :)

I live SOR - Spearwood to be precise...I just buy frames, mince etc from the local IGA/Coles at the moment.

GSD Lover - I think i know what shop you mean.... I found a place called "South St Pet Supplies" and they seem to do lots of meat products for pets. I'll check them out this week!

South St has always been a great source, but not always the cheapest. But if you're feeding one or two dogs, low prices are good enough, you don't need to travel distance and buy 20 + kg at a time for rock bottom prices.

Leonarts is often the cheapest source of chicken frames. Phone ahead and have them hold them for you. Different branches have different prices/availabilities.

Better Pets and Gardens gives discounts to registered breeders, and is often very competitive with City Farmers for a lot of things. I haven't tried them for meats.

City Farmers isn't bad for mince.

Jurien Pet Foods mince is top quality, but they have a minimum of 40 kg and they have just upped their prices.