Peptosyl

cpudds

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get hold of Peptosyl apart the Vets? ( In Adelaide)

The local pet shop doesn't sell it and suggested the vet.

Our pups have diarrhoea and we know what it is, yesterday we gave them lamb flaps and increased the size of their meals (as our breeder suggested due to being on the thin side).

The pups had diarrhoea awhile ago and we took them to the vet and he checked them both over and gave them Peptosyl and charged $100 !

So just wondering if I can get Peptosyl somewhere other than the Vet?

Thanks

Cheryl

Some vets sell peptosyl as medication only..

Gastrostop from the chemist also works well for those kinds of diahorrea... Recommended by a vet funnily enough.. For straight food type diahorrea.

Was houseitting for a friend.. gave her dogs a chicken frame each.. and as she dos not feed a lot of raw.. her dogs slightly had a reaction to it... a little case of the runs....

Gastrostop :thumbsup:

ETA: Some of the online vet places also sell peptosyl.... It retails for well under $20

Have PM'd you a couple

Edited by Mystiqview

If you are right about the cause then there is no reason to give anything. An upset tummy from change in diet just needs to run its' course. I am guessing you'll soon know if it's something more serious in which case a trip to the vet would be warranted.

Giving dogs (or humans) some rice water usually helps with upset tummies. Just cook up some rice and give them the water you'd usually drain off.

its probably nothing, a little upset tummy from change in diet but if its something bad like parvo (not saying it is) giving something like Peptosyl or scourban can cause HUGE problems! can actually make it worse! I don't like to give it to pups either, best giving boiled chicken white meat and rice until it settles then slowly wean the pup back onto its normal food over about a week.