Very Very Wierd Behaviour....

alananddora

Both males and females will hump, it's not a behaviour limited to males. My bitches will hump each other when in season and sometimes bitches will hump the male when they're being mated if the dog doesn't get down to business quickly enough. Humping can also be a sign of dominance, I have two brothers here and one will hump the other occasionally just to show him he's top dog.

It's totally normal behaviour amongst canines and nothing to worry about, quite possibly your puppy will grow out of it, but some dogs of both sexes will always do it.

Don't stress about it, all quite natural behaviour. My mum's puppy humps her teddy bear with enthusiasm her head is on the ground and goes along like a train. :thumbsup:

And my two girls have the humps with each other. Bit of a dominance issue there. Most people tend to try and stop it because they believe it is wrong which is people putting a human emotion into the act.

Ranga(aka Sophie) has just started humping Banjo this week. She's very sneeky about it. It's always when I'm getting ready for work and she does it around the side of the house. :thumbsup:

Jak humps just one large teddy that she has - she doesn't try and hump anything else, but when she gets started she's off and running, usually collapsing into a ball of exhaustion hahahahahaha.

She actually stopped it for a while too, despite having had full access to the teddy. Then just two nights ago she must have felt like 'getting a bit' so had a go.

It's something I've never had an issue with - but if she was trying to hump me or another human I'd put a stop to it ;-)

my sons 9 mth old chi humps the cat,and the 2 cats both go to town on the kids mink blanket if they can get access!!! the desexed cat also has 2 teddies he favours above the rest!!! my bitch would also hump the male AND sit on his face if he was a bit slow to pleasure her!!! the kids thought it was great though-but not the teachers when they told it for show and tell at school!!!