Eyes

Charlieeye-1.jpg

Photo is a bit deceptive- it normally only looks like it extends < 0.5cm in from the inner corner of the eye (about 1/8 of the way across). It looks almost half way across in the photo as he's just opened his eye. In photo, there looks like 3 "lines" from inner eye- normally I can see it up to the second "line".

His eyesight seems fine, so is this just a cosmetic thing?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Poodle wrangler

If you are referring to the third eyelid coming further across the eye than normal, there are a few reasons why this can happen. I've had it happen when the eye was accidentally hit with a ball and the dog had pain in the eye and I've had it happen when there is eye infection.

If that's not what you are referring to, you might need to further explain what you mean as we can't see much on the photo.

Edited by Scales of Justice

Hello Poodle Wrangler,

Thanks for the better photo. I see what you mean (that's what I thought).

Has the dog got any discharge from the eye as well? Also check out whether the pupil is dilated. Is the pupil the same size as the other one?

I would definitely get it checked out by a vet. There may be something happening in or behind the eye if nothing is obvious or visible on the surface (that is if there is no infection)

My blokes eye looks almost the same as this, no discharge, but the vet said that he had some weird infection. He also has a red conjunctiva; if you pull the bottom lid down, is it red, or the top lid up and out??

Mine is a PRA dog tho and has a multitude of eye problems, but I only noticed the inner eye lid thing when his actual eyeball swelled a little.

If it doesn't settle in a day or if the dog acts in pain, I would go to the vet just to be sure.