Whats Best To Feed

Eldoop

Hi I didn't want to high jack Chlorbears thread so thought I'd ask here.... I've been reading some posts about feeding the pup, and now not sure if I'm on the right track or not? I'm feeding Cody (9 week old toy poodle) 3 meals a day, and I'm still feeding what the breeder told me which is cooked mince meat and dry puppy food, but this week, had him for 9 days now, I'm adding some raw meat, the stuff we feed Minx, which is mince beef, mince chicken carcess, fruit, vegies, omega oils and other goodies, but I'm only putting a small amount into his cooked meat, and slowly put him onto the same food as Minx...is this ok? or is the raw meat bad for him while he is young?

I have just been reading through some information on the health nutrition and grooming forums and they have heaps of information on different diet ideas. Sorry I can't be of any help, I am trying to work out what to feed my dog, breeders have advised fresh food diet but vet strongly advise dry food diet only (good quality) with bones! I am not planning to show my dog but I want to ensure that I take good care of her and we have her for many years to come.

Deja vu

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=114524

were you not happy with the replies given in your other thread?

I am very happy and greatful for all help that I have been given. It is only now that I realise just how many things I did wrong in realation to the diet of my previous dog and I am not wanting to make the same mistakes again. The one thing that I can do for a dog without any doubt is to give it plently of love and attention (positive kind). Since discovering dogzonline from a friend I am trying to gain as much knowledge as I can to ensure I do the best that I can do for my dog. So a big thankyou to everyone who has helped me. :birthday: I am very sure that my dog will be greatful for many years to come. :rofl:

Raw meat is fine. I'm not sure that minces are ideal as pups need the calcium and other nutrients from raw bones. Depending how you do the veges, they may come straight out the other end, too. Some people juice them. I'd suggest you look at BARF in detail f you want to do your own food mix for pup. Nutrition particularly important for a growing dog.

Keep up the worming schedule, also.