My 9 Weeks Old Jack Russell Cross, Plz Help!

no_fear5100

Hi guys,

It's me again. This time is about Ben, my male jackie.... I dont know why but after I get home from work , he always gets so excited and jumping up on me. Then I normally find drops of his piss on the floor where he just jumped. It's like his wee wee leaks when he get excited or something. It happens when my sister comes in to feed him or say hello as well. Also occasionally, I find drops of piss on the floor too. Is it something I should be worried about? It has never happened to my female jackie.

PLS HELP ME !!!!!!

He's 9 weeks old! They are not fully continent until they are 4-5 months old! Perhaps don't get him quite as excited, it's just like a child wetting the bed, the control isn't there yet. Let him settle and get used to people coming and going without getting so excited.

Enjoy puppyhood, there will be more spills and thrills yet ahead, its great fun!!

Enjoy your jackie pup, where's the photos!!

My Boy Mishka's the same age and he does it too (Normally when he's chasing my cats) Like everyone else says, it's like taking a nappy off a kid and expecting perfection, it doesn't happen! My daughter's only 3 and she still has accidents!

It's normal for pup to be excited to see you, but you can train them to be more calm

e.g. Ignore him for the first 10 minutes after you get home. Only let him in once reasonably calm. Once inside, ignore him for another few minutes. Allow him to follow you about. Don't allow him to jump up (turn your back, ignore) and reward with attention and pats only when bum on floor and reasonably calm.

Normal puppy, but if you're like me, you don't want wee on clothes or floor when you get home from work :thumbsup:

hi guys,

thank you all for the answers. I am just worried about this matter because it has never happened to my other female jack russell x . I am relieved now to know it's normal.

@Alanglen: I will post up some photo of them as soon as i can. I have the little avatar of the pups 4 legs up, they are just adorable .

@Poodle wrangler: Tks for the advice. I do try to ignore him when i just get home and only pay attention to him when he is calm but puppy sure learn that really slow but he is my good boy ^^

It's normal for pup to be excited to see you, but you can train them to be more calm

e.g. Ignore him for the first 10 minutes after you get home. Only let him in once reasonably calm. Once inside, ignore him for another few minutes. Allow him to follow you about. Don't allow him to jump up (turn your back, ignore) and reward with attention and pats only when bum on floor and reasonably calm.

Normal puppy, but if you're like me, you don't want wee on clothes or floor when you get home from work :o

Thank you PW cause benji does the same when we get home. Pees omg.....anyway..will take your advice...cause he's 5 months old now.