Puppy With The Runs

Mango

I originally posted some weeks ago, worried that my puppy only wanted to eat raw meat. Well I've now got him eating dry food as well, and when I ran out of the cheap supermarket brand I had originally bought, I moved on to Advance Puppy Plus last week, which was recommended to me. He really seems to like the flavour better than the other one, but it's not that he is gorging himself at all. He has had diarrhoea the last couple of days and I've sometimes seen blood in it, which is obviously worrying. Silly me, I've since realised I didn't transition him between the two dry foods, I just ran out and then bought the new one. Should I persevere and hope his system gets used to it? I got him to eat the dry food by mixing it with other stuff, mainly raw chicken mince, although he'll now also eat it on its own. He loves everything chicken and not much else. I was thrilled last night when he ate a bit of steak from our bbq. I don't want to do the wrong thing and am not sure whether to persevere, change his diet, or reintroduce some of the old brand of dry food - or take him to the vet! He is still happy and very energetic and eating well, and is 4 months old.

always give food changes at least a week between, especially in pups. The difference in quality between supermarket brands and something like Advance is quite large so his system is having trouble. If the blood is bright red then he has an irritation in the lower part of the digestive system. If its black and thickened go to the vet IMMEDIATELY. I would get a vet check anyway incase its an infection, but find a good brand and stick to it. If you have a larger breed buy in bulk and make a purchase before you see you are running out. I wouldnt feed a puppy anything less then Advance, especially large and giant breeds (Then things like Royal Canin, Eagle Pack and Nutrience are the thing)