Vets And Dry Food.

austen

Was just at the vet's and talking about one of our dog's diets. He reccommended Royal Canin dry.

When I said I also feed raw chicken etc, he said it is very difficult to replicate all the things dogs need in one particular food e.g. chicken, rice etc. He said he would just reccommend dry food and bones.

Was just interested in finding out if there are any people on here who do feed their dogs just dry food and bones. This particular vet didn't sell any dry food so i don't think he was trying to just sell the dry food to me for that reason/

What do other people think?

I'm not a nutritionist, but my dogs are doing very well on dry food (Royal Canin for one, Eukanuba for the other) and a mix of chicken, mince, bones, eggs, sardines and some veges thrown in for good measure. Both will be on the RC once the Eukanuba runs out - it just didn't really agree with one of them.

I think as long as you vary what you feed widely they should be OK. If things take a turn for the worse have a look at what you have added to the diet lately.

Again - not an expert, but from my limited experience.

Yep my dogs all live healthy lives on dry food and bones. The adults get Great Barko/Uncle Albers and the youngest are on Advance Puppy Rehydratable and Eagle Pack Puppy.

Oldest here at the moment is 12, youngest 6 weeks.