New Herding Rules

Janba

I went to the information night for the rule changes, I'm not sure which state you are in but you could check to see if an information night will be held near you?

Yes I think HT is now optional, although I think it's a pretty big jump from the little yard to the big paddock :wave:

Another change they are making, is that dogs entering the instinct test MUST have prior training with the stock they are being tested on (ok, so it did say in the previous rules that you should have had prior training, they are just trying to push this one)

A formal warning system is being introduced for dogs that attack sheep. If a dog attacks a sheep, then a judge can issue a warning (it's called something else, can't remember the name of it now). If you get, I think, 2 of these warnings, you're out of the game for 6 months, these warnings get filed away on a database. After that, you can elect for your dog to be retested at your own expense, if the judges deem your dog OK to continue then you're back in. If not, then you cannot compete in herding with that particular dog anymore.

The points breakdown has changed a little in the trial classes, although I was not overly familiar with the breakdown before so I can't recall how it exactly went.

A lot of the changes helped clarify, and reinforce some of the rules too. I am just waiting to get a copy of the new rules.

Thanks indi-dog.

My pup has his HIC and he can do the herded started course no problems other than his handlers mistakes.

I'm in NSW and have heard of no information night for handlers and only rumours flying around about the changes. I guess I'll have to wait till the new rules get printed.

I only noticed it as I saw the little ad for the info night in the vicdog mag :wave:

It's a kind of "blink and you'll miss it" thing I think. I can send you a copy of the rules when I get mine if you like? (no idea when I'll get my copy though!!)

I only noticed it as I saw the little ad for the info night in the vicdog mag :eek:

It's a kind of "blink and you'll miss it" thing I think. I can send you a copy of the rules when I get mine if you like? (no idea when I'll get my copy though!!)

Hmm we had a herding meeting in SA tonight. Not a rules meeting - just the AGM but I asked about the new rules and was told they would be out soon. ANKC approved them in October so they should be out sometime soon. Having said that thought our state rep said she still has not received her copy and apparently they get them first? She also said they asked for them to go on the ANKC webpage when they are available but are not sure if they will. SO maybe keep an eye out there.

I was told that as a judge I would be sent a copy but Im not holding my breath on that!

Hmm we had a herding meeting in SA tonight. Not a rules meeting - just the AGM but I asked about the new rules and was told they would be out soon. ANKC approved them in October so they should be out sometime soon. Having said that thought our state rep said she still has not received her copy and apparently they get them first? She also said they asked for them to go on the ANKC webpage when they are available but are not sure if they will. SO maybe keep an eye out there.

I was told that as a judge I would be sent a copy but Im not holding my breath on that!

Kristen

your State rep should have got a copy of the new rules we were all sent them a while ago and I remember her email asking if someone could send her one. I got mine sent to me as I represented Queensland in the rules review.

The new rules should be available soon I will check to see when they will be going on line

Tracey

Yes I think HT is now optional, although I think it's a pretty big jump from the little yard to the big paddock

you need one pass in HIC , if you want you can do your HT or can decide to go straight to PT. this is for more experience dogs to skip this section but still available for Novice dogs and handlers to get that first Herding title

Tracey

Kristen

your State rep should have got a copy of the new rules we were all sent them a while ago and I remember her email asking if someone could send her one. I got mine sent to me as I represented Queensland in the rules review.

The new rules should be available soon I will check to see when they will be going on line

Tracey

Hmm interesting.

She definitely said last night that she had not received them but it should be soon. And glutton for punishment me went back on committee!