Groomer Wanted In Brisbane South Side

storm

I am looking for a groomer on the south side of Brisbane around logan area if possible. I need assistance with my Puli, must know the breed and what is required in grooming her. I dont have the energy to do it and would like to keep her in coat if possible.

Hmmm, you will be pushing it there. Have you been advised on how to groom her ? You have a high maintenance breed so you need to find the energy to do it. If you are not aware of their grooming needs contact the breeder, or see if you can find a breeder around Brisbane to see if they can groom her for you.

Good luck

Thanks BC but I was asking if anyone know of any groomers, not a response of "you will need to find the energy to do it".

I will not go into why I dont have the engery to do it myself here.

I am fully aware of what is involved in grooming and the breeder is also fully aware of everything relating to the dog in question.

I was under the impression that this was a list where one could ask for assistance when needed?

If anyone does know or can recommend a groomer please do so.

Didn't mean for you to take offence :rofl:

Just trying to assist you by letting you know that not many groomers would be skilled in grooming a Puli, hence why I said contact any breeders to see if they can help you out by grooming her or if they know of any groomers.

However, if you chose not to take my advise, just ignore my post.

I agree....you will really struggle to find a groomer to it.....unless you are willing to pay big bucks (and risk getting a groomer who doesn't know how to do the cords properly).

Contact your breeder and see if they know of any other puli breeders that grooms or would be willing to do it.

Edited by Ari

Hi Storm,

How old is the Puli in question?

If only a youngster, all that is required is brushing out for approx, the first year - even for show - so any groomer could do it for you. Also, if the dog is not for show, you can continue to have the dog regularly brushed out for the rest of its life! Most don't realise that pulis don't HAVE to be in cords but I understand that in the long-run, if you want that "look" of cords, it's a lot easier to maintain (except for bathing!! and strong avoidance of prickles!!) and you will need to get some help.

I have a friend with Pulis on the Northside and they have CARPET DRYER to blowdry after bathing - getting them dry with cords takes absolutely hours!! I don't know of a groomer who has a carpet dryer in their shop lol!

If a little older, and the need is there to begin the cording process, I agree with the other posters - your breeder will need to help you find someone up here privately who will help you out.

I don't know of ANY groomers who can do Pulis off-hand and your chances of getting someone local are next to nil!! And during the cording process, it is a weekly job rather than a once-every-four-weeks kind of job so you would be going to the groomers on a very regular basis!

I know the cords have to be separated each week during the initial cording process. There are some good webpages which show you how to do that but it's of no use if you are not in a position to be able to do it yourself.

Have you checked out the Puli thread in the General discussion area? There might be someone in there who has further suggestions for you.

Please PM me if you would like the details of my friend with Pulis. :) I hope you find someone and I'm trying not to sound negative :( but it's a big ask when you have a rare breed with very specific grooming requirements :)