Poop Question

Guest Tess32

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a virus going around. It looks similar to parvo. Not sure if it is in Sydney but 2 of the doggies that got it did come from Sydney. Don't know if they caught it in Sydney or in QLD.

oww.. that is scary... do you know the symptoms? i have not taken her out at all. not even the backyard.. but that does not mean she cannot catch it. I am monitoring her now. She is very happy and not sluggish which gives me some kind of relief.

The puppies were quite sick. Very similar to parvo but without the yucky smell.

The blood in the poo is a bit of a worry.

hmm.. yes that does sound like a pretty bad virus.. mine poops extremely stink poos :cry:

but she is still happy and jumping around

The vet said seeing blood in poos are not as bad as humans. A little blood is fine but as long as it is not long term. She has only pooped blood once (friday) every other time is diarrhea.

fingers crossed when i get home i see firm stool!

Hi Marble,

It's great to know that you are both much better. Scourban, (from memory) will support her digestive tract, it restores some electrolyte loss, i think it also has an antibiotic element which will get rid of any bacterial toxins in her belly.

It's difficult at times, but keep a good eye on her poo, how much she is drinking and weeing, also her activity levels (play etc).

It's great you have developed a relationship with your vet, they are angels in disquise for new Mum's! So call away! if you have any concern. Your little one is lucky to have such a fantastic owner :shrug:

Hi Marble,

It's great to know that you are both much better. Scourban, (from memory) will support her digestive tract, it restores some electrolyte loss, i think it also has an antibiotic element which will get rid of any bacterial toxins in her belly.

It's difficult at times, but keep a good eye on her poo, how much she is drinking and weeing, also her activity levels (play etc).

It's great you have developed a relationship with your vet, they are angels in disquise for new Mum's! So call away! if you have any concern. Your little one is lucky to have such a fantastic owner :shrug:

hi uncond'love,

thanks for the support i really need it especially with such a young puppy every little small thing makes me worry.

yes the vet is great and very supportive when i ring up and ask millions of questions

Great to hear that i am doing the right thing for her

update: she has not pooped at all today.. it is now 7:30 at night. I have rung the vet to see if i should stop the scourban (maybe now it is too much scourban). The vet said 1ml twice a day. Baci is only 1kg.

the vet said it is fine. She might not have any poos left in her system to poop out. I should wait till tomorrow afternoon and see if she has pooped. But to continue the chicken and rice with scourban. If she does not poop till tomorrow afternoon then i need to bring her back in for a check.

She is still happy and jumping around, drinking heaps and as soon as she started the scourban she is a peeing machine!!

will keep you all posted when the poops comes