Royal Canin Labrador Junior/adult Grrr

Rainey

I'm really frustrated at the moment as to the availability of the RC Labrador mixes at our pet shop. Not so long ago we switched Scud from the Maxi-Junior on to the Labrador Junior mix and since then he has thrived substantially and it had eradicated all of that 'doggy dandruff' he was getting on the Maxi-Junior.

WELL, now the pet shop has run out (of both Lab Junior and Adult) and can't tell me when they are getting any more, what makes this worse is that these guys Animal Tuckerbox have the monopoly on Royal Canin, so it isn't sold anywhere else and they tell me that all their other stores are also sold out of the Labrador mix.

The guy at the store told me Royal Canin are struggling to keep up with demand and selectively choose whos orders they will fulfill and who will miss out. Is this a load of garbage to cover up their mistake, or is there some truth to it?

Edited by Rainey

Have you looked online? dogfood.com.au has both the Adult and Junior 12kg and 3kg in stock

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! That site looks fantastic and the prices are great too! :o :rolleyes:

ok well i hijacked my mums DOL account lookin for a thread she showed me once before and id like to say i work in a Petshop which also holds the monopoly of the royal canin in my town :laugh: and would like to say that every order there is atleast 1 or 2 products that get put on backorder due to them being unavailable. Being a more common dog*or maybe because it eats alot more than the other dogs?) the labrador (12kg or i think the large bag is in the lab range?) is usually not delivered due to warehouse bein empty. Royal Canin and Pisces are the 2 worst to order from so when they say they cant get anything from those 2 companies bear with it they are just as annoyed as you are.

I work for a veterinary wholesaler, we have been told by RC that their shipment was held by AQIS due to the fact the name was changed from 'Labrador...." to "Labrador Retriever......" :laugh:

This was before Crissy - hopefully they catch up soon! :laugh:

Which Animal Tuckerbox??? I was at the Derwent Park one yesterday looking at dry food for my new little miss Lab (8 weeks old) & they had the Labrador 33 (?) mix in a 3kg. Would love to know which one you use, they recommended to me an Advance Puppy that I got in a small 1.5kg bag & got home & realised that if we are to use Advance they have sold me the wrong one we would need the large breed one so I should have just got the RC anyway!

Have you looked online? dogfood.com.au has both the Adult and Junior 12kg and 3kg in stock

If ever I have trouble finding stuff instore I always look online :happydance:

If you look further on the links on dogfood.com.au you'll notice they are linked to well-known kennels that supply LOTS AND LOTS of puppies. See thread in General about Choc Labrador pups.

Many DOLers don't buy food from petshops that sell puppies, I'm applying similar principles to this mob.