My Tribute To Cindy.

Guest JustMe

Guest JustMe

Thought I would share my story with other members and visitors to this site.

I was living in Kalgoorlie W.A and early early in 1998 I responded to an ad in a Perth newspaper regarding a female chiuhaha for sale.Phoned the lady and agreed on a price , we arranged for her to meet my brother at a prearranged site between both places to swap the puppy for the purchase price which was about $400 . I waited eagerly for my brother to return from the trip with my chiuhaha puppy , when he walked in with the little bundle wrapped in a towel I saw the shiny wet black eyes looking at me my heart melted. As I unwrapped her from the warm towel I could see immediately that she was not a pedigree chiuhaha and didnt recognise the breed so assumed she was a chiuhaha cross , however I wasnt concerned because right from the start her and I fell in love with each other I tucked her in between the sheets on my bed for warmth and she slept there since that day.It was some years later a visitor to my house informed me that she was a Japanese Chin. She has been my friend and companion for all of those 16 years hated being apart from me and would fret when this was necessary though not often as she even demanded to go with me in the car whenever I went out on errands.

Two years ago I suffered a heart attack and spent some time in hospital which was strung out more due to the neccessity of bypass surgery- I made a complete and speedy recovery because I knew she would be at home waiting and fretting and wondering where I was, fortunately my son was able to care for her in our home so I knew she would be okay and I received the joyous and boisterous welcome from her I had anticipated though she had slowed down considerably in her old age.

By this year I had been aware that her time with me was winding down I dreaded losing her but accepted the inevitable.

Three weeks ago she suddenly began to have difficulty getting up after a sleep and i recognised the time was close , I decided to take her to the vet

if her condition did not improve over the weekend. Saturday night I stayed up with her all night as she began breathing shallow and whenever I would hear her breathing stop I would go to her and give her a pat and a cuddle

and she would look at me and go back to sleep.By Sunday afternoon I left her in my sons care and went to bed for a sleep. I had only been asleep for a short time when my son awoke me to tell me she had just gave a strange little yelp he went to her immediately and noticed she had died.

I cant express my sadness. I think she waited for me to go because she couldnt leave me while I was with her

Amid the sadness is the knowlege that I was fortunate to have been given such a wonderful loving and devoted friend to share those years of my life

through good times and bad she was the one constant the love that remained.

She was to me a gift a blessing and I look forward to the day I will be reunited with my little black and white Cindy with the beautiful big brown eyes and glossy coat that was so silky to stroke, until that day comes she will live in my heart and memory.

Guest JustMe

Thanks so much taking the time to read my tribute to my sweet Cindy and thank you for your kind words, I want you to know I appreciate your supportive responses it does help!.

R.I.P. Cindy :eek:

Thank you for sharing your story, I know it is a very hard time. Remember what a wonderful life she had, because of the love you had for her and how lucky you both were to have each other.

There are lots of lovely tribute sites on the net, when I lost a special dog of mine recently, I found comfort (and shed lots of tears) reading poems and tributes from others, that summed up so well how I felt. After a suggestion from a friend, I found comfort too in preparing my own tribute site.

She sounds like a lovely and loyal pet. Chins are just adorable. I'm sure you will always miss her. A dogs only fault, their lives are too short.

Janette