Australia's First Herding Champion

It is with Great Pleasure that I annouce Abigail has obtained her Herding Championship I have been into Brisbane this morning to apply for her Championship so pending AKC Approval she will be the First Herding Champion in Australia. Abigail is one of only a handful of dogs that has been running in the Advanced Level through out Australia in 2006 & 2007 . She has competed in Vic, NSW, QLD and TAS and is consistently placed where ever she trials. Some of her better runs has been where she has NQ'd and these are normally the runs where she times out and are the runs I remember the most.

She has had to cope with a Novice handler and her natural talent has been what has achieved the results she has. In recent months I have realized there has been a big hole in her training as I have gained more Knowledge from some of the more experienced people in this sport that have helped me out, namely Colin Webster and Lisa Davis. We are working to fix these holes and I hope for the people that know Abigail you will see a great improvement in the way she works in 2008. Having said that she has made me proud this lovely bitch is also Main Register and from a Mix of my Foundation Show Dog Lacy (Aust CH & Amer ROM Ch Shallstar Traced Inlace CD AD PT) and my Scottish ISDS Dog Astra Lad (Imp Scot) HSAsd HSBd. I didn't expect to get much from my first cross in my Working Breeding Program but Abigail has exceeded my wildest expectations.

Abigail is still a baby in Herding terms not 4 years old yet so she has along future in Herding we hope to be able to set up some field trails in the near future and train towards ISDS Type courses where I feel she will excel.

Abigail has proven she is a versatile dog running A & B Courses on Sheep & Ducks although if she had a choose I know she would pick Sheep any day she still does a great job once she locks on to the ducks. Abigail is owner, breeder, handled.

Her titles to date include

2005 she gained Her

PT and HSAs

2006 she gained her

HSAd with a High In Trial

HSBs with a High in Trial

HSBd with a High in Trial

HIAs with a High & Reserve High In Trial

HXAs with 2 High in Trials and 2 Reserve High in Trials

2007 She gained her

HIAs with two Reserve High in Trial,

HIBs with a Reserve High in Trial,

HIBd with a HIT

HXBd with two High in Trials,

HXAd with a HIT

2008 she has Gained

HCH Herding Championship Title with 2 High In Trials 2 Reserve High in Trials 6 1st Places and So far 11 scores over 75/100

Abigail has already gained her High in Trial on B Course Ducks so is well on her way to getting her VHCH (Versatile Herding Championship Title ) which will hope to finish in 2008.

Fidelis%20Mad%20About%20Ewe4h.jpg

Abigail is now HCH Fidelis Mad about Ewe HXAsd HXBd HIBS

From one very proud breeder

Tracey Lamb

Fidelis Border Collies

http://www.fidelisbordercollies.com

http://uk.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=fidelis4bcs

Congratulations Tracey, I know how hard you have worked with her & in the herding world in general, you deserve it :rofl::cheer::party::rofl::o

ETA - if Whisper is half as good as her mum at herding I'll be happy :) .

Edited by MrsD

Thanks Guys

Its been an enjoyable ride and I love seeing the dogs do whast they were bred to do. Just got to get the others going just as well.

Although unbeknowns to me I have had a super star in my mist for a few years. Rebel has turned out to be most likely my best hearding dog and to think I nearly sold him as i though he really needed to go to a show home

Tracey

• 3 weeks later...

Well its now Official got a call from the CCCQ to say Abigail's HCH has been approved but because its the first one in Australia the Computer has printed it behind her name not in front so they will send the Certificate out when they have this fixed. But I am still pretty excited

A Friend Came over and took some great shots of the dogs which I will put up when she has finished working on them but she sent me a few which I love.

Dog%20Abigail2.jpg

Dogs%20Abigail.jpg

and heres one with her Mate Gunnar cooling off after a training session

Dogs%20Abigail%20n%20Gunnar.jpg

We work these two dogs together Abigail and myself are down one end of the Paddock and Lisa and Gunnar are at the other end, we take turns sending our dog picking the sheep and bringing them down the paddock. then when they are down the paddock I call abigial off and Lisa sends Gunnar. We get alot more training in with out always having to walk back down a long paddock.

Looking forward to the herding Season just wished it would stop raining so i can get some training in at nite after work

Tracey

Edited by fidelis Border Collies